6. The frustrated boy

Jungkook wiped his face with the towel that was hanging next to the sink of the small bathroom. The lip balm he had put on was no longer there as he had just washed his face in hopes to swallow the fact that he had just been kissed by none other than Kim Taehyung, the man who had been just a silly crush of Jungkook, an unrealistic one that would never be anything more than that. It had been like a celebrity crush, where there'd never be a chance for anything to happen. It had tough. Taehyung had kissed. He had run his fingertips on Jungkook's soft skin and held his body.

However, Jungkook was hiding in the bathroom. Meanwhile, Taehyung was probably still sitting on the cold floor oblivious to Jungkook's panicking in there.

Jungkook bit his lower lip, his nails buried in his soft palms. Why was he acting like that? It wasn't a big deal.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung was probably wondering what was taking him so long.

"I'm coming." Jungkook rushed to answer. He quickly opened the door.

Taehyung was standing with that gentle smirk of his. "Are you okay?" He had unbuttoned the top three buttons of his shirt. His bangs were parted carelessly in the middle.

"Yeah- yeah I'm fine." Jungkook nodded his head, his eyes struggling to stay away from Taehyung's bare skin. "It's getting late though. I have to leave." It was kind of funny how tense and nervous Jungkook was in comparison with Taehyung who was once again cooler than ever, hotter than ever.

"Oh that's okay." Taehyung leaned against the door frame. "I can walk you home." His voice had something sweet.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to."

"I don't have to, but I want to."

There was silence. Jungkook glanced at his shoes for a second. "Yeah-ye-okay then." Jungkook smiled in order to make himself look less tense but failed miserably.

"Great. Let me find my keys."

Jungkook kept smiling, his eyes wide and his cheeks red.

———

The walk back home was not as awkward as Jungkook had expected. Taehyung knew what to say to make Jungkook giggle, to make him clap his hands laughing.

"We're here." Jungkook said.

"Oh, we don't live that far."

They looked at each other for a second.

"I didn't make things weird, right?" Taehyung asked then.

"What? Why would you?"

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. "Because I kissed you."

"No, it was okay." Jungkook was refusing to look Taehyung in the eyes.

"Can I do it again then?"

Jungkook was caught by surprise. That was definitely an unexpected question. He looked around to check if anyone was passing by. Then he nodded his head.

It was a soft, yet warm peck on the lips. Even that made Jungkook's heart beat faster.

Taehyung's hand was on Jungkook's arm. "Have a good night. I'll call you tomorrow."

Jungkook had opened his mouth ready to speak a familiar voice stopped him.

"Jungkook?" Jungkook turned around to find Yoongi standing at the entrance of the apartment building.

"Yoongi. What are you doing here?" That was definitely one thing Jungkook was not prepared for.

"I was hanging out with Jimin. I'm going now though 'cause I have classes in the morning tomorrow."