18. Killing the boy

The apartment was not big. It was easy to assume where the bathroom was since it was the only door that was closed. He could hear the water running. Lucas was probably washing his hands. He would probably be out in a minute or less, but Jungkook was not very patient, he didn't have the time to be patient because Taehyung could be coming to find him at any moment.

Jungkook's eyes were going back and forth between the end of the corridor and the closed door of the bathroom. Just when he was about to knock on the door to make Lucas come out, he heard the clicking sound of the door opening.

Lucas almost bumped into Junkook, a gasp leaving his mouth. He obviously had not expected somebody to be standing right outside the door.

"Hey." Jungkook said with a fake smile.

"Hey, Jungkook." Lucas said with a chuckle in a friendly tone with his eyes a bit widenned. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to use the bathroom."

Lucas nodded his head. He was about to walk away leaving the boy behind, but Jungkook quickly placed his hand on his shoulder to stop him from doing so. "Actually... can I ask you something?" He was speaking as if he had never interacted with him before, like he had not let him fuck him, like he had not pretended to enjoy it more than he actually had just to piss Taehyung off.

"Yes, sure." Lucas' tone got more flirty. Maybe he had misunderstood Jungkook's words.

"Uhm... I gotta be quick. Uhm... was there anything going on with Taehyung?"

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows, his expression changed. Confusion was painted on his face. He was caught by surprise because he had initially thought that the boy had other intentions.

"We used to live together." Lucas said as if it was obvious, because it was indeed obvious. Lucas and Taehyung lived together until pretty recently. "As a couple." He added as if that was also obvious, which was not obvious at all.

It took Jungkook a second to realise what he had just heard. He looked at Lucas' lips trying to understand whether those words had actually left his mouth. It could have been in his head after the tiring day he had. He could have heard wrong. It often happened.

"What? I-I didn't hear you." Jungkook let out a chuckle. His skin was pale and there was tightness in his chest.

"You know we used to date, don't you?" Lucas frowned.

Jungkook just blinked. Apparently he had heard right. How was it possible to feel dizzy when he had not drunk any alcohol?

Lucas raised his eyebrow. "Oh, you didn't." He didn't seem that bothered by the new information. He didn't look surprised.

"What- what do you mean? How is it possible that you-" Jungkook paused. He had nothing to say. If he said things out loud they would feel more real. He would feel more stupid.

"I see... He hasn't told you some things."

"What I know is that you used to be roommates but you were on bad terms which is why Taehyung moved out." Jungkook said almost in one breath as if letting out this information would make it feel more real.

Lucas chuckled. Jungkook could actually hear his heart beating. "Okay, let me tell you the whole story pretty quickly. Taehyung and I used to be roommates and then started dating. We had been dating for a year and a half. The truth is that the last six to five months we had been in an open relationship, which was not ideal for me, but I beared with it for the sake of Taehyung. It was a kind of weird time for him and I didn't want him to feel pressured at all, so we agreed on having an open relationship for the time being... you know... so that he could relax a bit, do whatever he wanted. It doesn't really make sense, but it was the longest he had stayed clean and I would do anything to make sure he'd stay like that... I didn't want to risk it and I simply let him do anything he wanted. For the last two months we had been getting into arguments too. So after a big one, Taehyung moved out and that's how we broke up."