17.Waking the boy up

Jungkook touched the lock of hair that fell in front of his face hiding his eye. He sighed in frustration. He never really knew how to do his hair. He always just let them be.

All he usually did was pat his hair to look presentable, but this time, he thought that his hair should look good, not just presentable.

Jungkook would meet Taehyung's friends. He had to look good. It would be humiliating if he looked so casual next to the always-perfect looking Taehyung. What if Taehyung's friends were like him, elegant and dressed in fancy clothes?

Jungkook had looked for tutorials on the internet to find a way to style his hair, but he had failed to follow the steps. He didn't even have a straightener which meant he had to do it with a blow dryer which made things more complicated.

Right when Jungkook was about to scream out of frustration, his father entered the room.

"Jimin told me you have plans for tonight. Aren't you going to have dinner with us?" The elder rested his side on the frame of the door. He was staring at Jungkook, his eyes going from his legs to the top of his head.

"No, I have to leave in twenty minutes. I won't be late." Jungkook said while holding a strand of his hair. He was looking at it through the mirror, meanwhile his father's eyes were glued on him following each move he made.

Jungkook paused when he saw his father through the reflection of the mirror still standing there. He turned around. "Do you need something?"

"No, nothing. I just wanted to know about your plans." The man shrugged his shoulders. "Who are you getting all dressed up for?" He said with a teasing smile.

Jungkook glanced at his his jeans that were not ripped as always and his sweater that looked a bit less casual than usual.

"Nobody. I'm wearing my normal clothes."

"Are you going to meet that girl?" His father asked hiding the excitement behind his warm eyes.

Jungkook wanted to scream. He didn't want his dad to start with that again. Why was his father so convinced that he was dating a girl? It made him feel uncomfortable.

"Dad." Jungkook whined. "I'm not going to meet any girl. Stop with that." He rolled his eyes. "I'm going to meet Taehyung." There was a pout on his face. He had turned around to look at his father properly.

"Taehyung?" The elder frowned looking surprised. "I didn't know you still worked for him."

"I work for him whenever he needs me. I'm not going for work though." Jungkook dug his nails on the fabric of his sleeve feeling a bit uncomfortable talking about Taehyung because he knew that the nature of their relationship would definitely not be appreciated by his father.

"Oh, okay."

Jungkook's father was staring at the side for a few seconds. Jungkook thought that the conversation was over so he went back to trying to style his hair. However, he stopped because his father was still standing there. What if the man became suspicious of the amount of effort Jungkook was putting on his appearance?

Jungkook lowered his hands abruptly at the realization. At the same time, the man looked at him again.

"He's a bit fruity, isn't he?" The man pointed out.

"Fruity?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

"Yes, you know...he must be a fag." He chuckled.

Jungkook blinked. He felt like his heart stoped beating for a second. What if his dad had started suspecting him too? He felt like he was seconds away from having his sexuality exposed.