14. The exhausted boy

"Where do you wanna go?" Jimin asked while Jungkook was lying in his bed. At first the boy had thought that he was talking on the phone.

"Jungkook, you're sleeping?" Jungkook sniffed and mumbled a response that was basically a sob.

"Come on. Get up." Jimin said too enthusiastically for Jungkook.

It had been a week after Jungkook had slept with Taehyung and Lucas. It had been an entire week that he'd been ignoring Taehyung and his oblivious texts.

"I'm tired." The boy said barely opening his mouth. It was just a small movement of his lips and tongue that felt so tiring to Jungkook.

"Come on, Namjoon asked me to hang out. We could have some beers. It will be fun."

"No." It was all that left Jungkook's pouty mouth.

"Don't make me come up there." Jimin threatened which actually kind of worked because Jungkook opened his eyes and tried to wake himself up knowing well enough that he'd have to deal with Jimin's stubbornness.

———

Long story short, Jungkook ended up sitting in a bar with Jimin and Namjoon. A bottle of beer was standing right in front of him half empty. Sipping on the alcoholic drink was all that had been keeping him busy the past half hour. It was an easy way to not feel as awkward as he normally would at that mental state.

"Jungkook, how's life going?" Namjoon said in a failed attempt to help the boy loosen up and stop looking like a sad puppy.

"Terribly." Jungkook mumbled eyeing his beer.

"Cool. Sounds fun." Namjoon joked in another failed attempt to lighten the boy's mood.

Namjoon's ringtone brought him out of that awkward situation. He excused himself before standing up to pick it up.

Coincidentally, Jungkook's phone buzzed too with new texts popping up on the screen.

The boy's eyes widened at the sight of Taehyung's name. He started reading the text impatiently as he always did.

Hey, we should talk

Jungkook gulped at that.

About what?

Are you mad at me?

Why would I be?

I just want you to know that nothing has changed for me. I don't like not seeing you :(

Cool

You're so cold. Let's meet tomorrow. We need to talk about some things.

Jungkook wanted to believe that he would have rejected Taehyung's request if it hadn't been for the fact that he wanted badly to know what the other needed to tell him. He would have also been a liar if he had said that the confession in the last text didn't make his heart melt.

However, he wanted to wait a little to reply. He was actually kind of excited that he would get to meet Taehyung. Maybe, the man would finally admit to Jungkook that he felt the same way and that they could try to be together.

The excitement didn't last long though because when Jungkook went to the bathroom he was unlucky to meet a short guy that looked a bit older than him.