12. The boy in love

His arms were wrapped around the boy, strong and warm. Their hearts beat against each other making their pulses feel like one. Jungkook's eyes wanted to close to enjoy Tarhyung's sweet yet masculine scent that could easily get him high. They were listening to a soft pop song sharing the same headphones. It was all so cliché but Jungkook enjoyed it more than ever. It was like his late night daydreaming was becoming true and the pillow he hugged had now a face and a name. All that was left for it to come true was Taehyung returning his feelings.

In Jungkook's head Taehyung was in love with him, the man wanted to say it but he didn't find the right time. However, there was that other more insecure side of Jungkook that then realised how overly optimistic and pretty much unrealistic that scenario was. He wanted to take all those sweet gestures as his sign that Taehyung had feelings for him, but he then thought that he was just being delusional.

Jungkook was dying to know what was going on inside Taehyung's head and mostly his heart, to know if he felt the way Jungkook wanted him to. He never had such thoughts about Yoongi. He had never felt that anxious over Yoongi's feelings for him and he had been sure that Yoongi hadn't too.

Taehyung had his head on the side resting it on Jungkook's shoulder. They were both quiet. It was nice like that with their gazes lost in the blue sky while the headphones blocked some kids' laughters. All the background noises were just a small buzzing sound that barely reached their ears.

Is it the right time? That was all that was playing inside Jungkook's head. The confession waited on the verge of his tongue ready to slip. He had attempted to tell him that he had feeling for him but something had stopped him every time he had opened his mouth. It was fear, but at least it was accompanied with butterflies dancing in his stomach.

"What are you thinking about?" Taehyung spoke first turning his head slightly to look at Jungkook. His arm was around the boy's back with his hand resting on his waist.

They felt so free, so calm like they had gone to a place were time and people didn't exist and they were just sitting there like that in each other arms.

"Nothing." Jungkook said casually.

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung's raised eyebrow. He giggled.

"What if I'm thinking about you?" Jungkook said shyly in a kind of teasing tone as if he had only said that to see Tarhyung's reaction. He knew that this specific confession would be welcomed by Taehyung in contrast with the big main one that was troubling his mind.

Taeyung's naturally down-turned lips turned into a bright smile. His lips looked so smooth and plump, never affected by the cold. He laughed softly. "I need to kiss you. It's a need." He stated.

"You can." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.

Taehyung looked right and left checking if there was anyone watching. He then pecked the boy's rosy lips. "I'd do more, but we're in public." He murmured.

"Like what?" Jungkook chuckled looking into Taehyung's dark eyes.

"I said we're in public." Taehyung chuckled and gave a peck on the boy's cheek.

They stayed like that for a second looking at each other's face that the sun had painted gold.

"What are you thinking about?" Jungkook asked.

"You." Taehyung easily answered with a giggle

"Wrong answer." Jungkook laughed. "You said it because I did."

"That doesn't mean I don't mean it."

"Yeah, but you've been kind of skeptical." Jungkook said stroking the man's shoulder.