Chapter 1 - A new Day

With a loud Roar, Rathamin woke with a jolt swinging, he sat up. Sweat on his skin and between his scales making him uncomfortable. He sighed deeply as he attempted to get his breathing under control. He stretched and mumbled "damn nightmares". He stood and stretched, his impressive wing span out to its stretched to its full reach, he let out a yawn. The light through the window catching his gold and red scales in the light and reflected around the room. He slowly slid on his underpants and Camma. (Kilt like garment) He strode up to the reflecting wall and looked at himself and cringed at his left shoulder and the scars from the war. quickly grabbing the gold armor that was on the table and covered the extensive wound and belting it on. He followed up with a covering for his left forearm, no scales will be growing on the scarred area and he had gold armor made to cover the scars, finally he added adorning chain accents over his elbow to wrist to lessen any one noticing the adornments.

With one final swing Rathamin added a vest to his red scaled chest and buttoned it up and added a chain between the pocket and the lower button and headed to the kitchen. His hooves gently tap the floor as he enters the kitchen to face his Meina (Grandmother). With a hint of a smile she looks at Rathamin.

"I don't recall leaving a bronze statue here" she purrs.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        His Greina (Grandfather) Romine, chimes in from the table, "Emier, Leave the boy alone and let him come and eat". Rathamin sat at the table and lets out a sigh as he poured out a dark liquid in his cup. Romine looked at Rathamin, "another rough night?".                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         With a snort, Rathamin says, "Is there any other kind?"

"Poor child" Emier mused, "What you've been through. What they've put you through,"  she sighed as she patted Rathamin's hand.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                With a gulp Rathamin said "I'm sure it will get easier with time," he lied and tried to return his Meina a smile. "What's most important now is to get on with my life" he said as he took another bite of the fish type meal.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 "Your uncle contacted us again asking to see you".   Romine with a half smile.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Rathamin snorted again as he chuckled "wow he waited a whole two sunrises this time. Emier simply stated "he just wants to see your ok too".