Chapter 15 - Prophecy of Lies

"Until the Clans can live in harmony, There will be the Basso speaking the word of the Ancients."                                                                                                                                                         Basso Prophecy.

The moons were high in the sky, obviously early morning, Adnaan found himself unable to sleep, he had one of the weapons he found in the cave in his hand. An old short curved sword rusted and pitted, an 8 inch blade that now shone in the moonlight as Adnaan expertly ground and sharpened on his stone, the shaft and hilt cleaned and oiled looking almost ready for action. the gems that were on it at one point long gone leaving oblong scuffs in the metal Adnaan cleaned and shaved down giving the design a classic look, the hilt he covered with Animal skin to better allow the wielder to keep control through a fight.  Adnaan also fashioned a guard for the handle curved and delicate making the dagger look both elegant and dangerous. 

Adnaan was grinding the blade quietly when Emily yawned and sat across from Adnaan at the fire, she admired the new blade. "Wow, was that the dagger you found in the cave?" she asked?

Adnaan looked up at Emily, he looked lost in thought, "oh umm yes. A sword actually, Did I wake you? 

Emily shrugged, " Not really, I didn't get much sleep, she admitted. She took a deep breath and sighed. who's the sword for?"

Adnaan looked at her blankly for a second, as if being given directions. then when his consciousness returned he smiled, why, its for you of course, your the only one without a weapon and the weight and the balance I reset for your weight and feminine stature. 

"The balance? she asked deciding to ignore the line about her feminine stature. 

Adnaan handed Emily the blade, " Here try it? he said. 

She held up the blade as he handed it to her, it felt as though it was made for her hand and the balance she noticed was even to blade to hilt, she waved and parried. held her ground as it swung with her. "Adnaan its truly beautiful. I don't know what to say."

Adnaan stood and watched her dance with his exquisite weapon, " No need to thank me, just don't die ".

Emily moved with grace and precision as she got used to the short sword, the feel and the balance danced with the weapon, finally she sat and looked at him, "thank you Adnaan, I feel so much better" she smiled. 

"Well, you said you were here to save the day, I don't know what to tell you, I had an overwhelming desire to pick up that sword and make something of it for you, as if I was being...directed somehow to ensure you have a means of defending yourself, anyway, I feel better knowing were all better prepared for what's to come.

"Making enough noise you two" Speron looked at the two of them as she sat next to Adnaan. 

"Sorry Speron, I couldn't sleep, Adnaan said, and then Emily joined me and I gave her the sword I was telling you about. You were right, the balance is set as you suggested and it looks perfect for her. 

Emily looked through the fire at Speron, Isn't it beautiful? She held it out for Speron, she took hold of it and turned it, tested the weight and blade, it is a lovely and elegant weapon she said as she handed it back.

Rathamin sat with a yawn close to his friends, "What, no one sleeps around here?" 

Emily smiled and handed Rathamin the sword for his inspection, Rathamin noticed the changes that Adnaan had made and turned the blade in his hand, "that is amazing work Adnaan, I don't know how you do it but I'm glad your part of our team my friend" he handed Emily the sword back.