Chapter 13 - The End of the Beginning

By Dawn, Rathamin, had sharpened the family sword, and taken apart and cleaned and sharpened the axe he had named "Mital", an old Dragonian word for Champion. It seemed fitting how he had obtained it. his clothes were clean and ready thanks to their guests. His only worry now seemed to be the one issue not anyone had ever been able to finish. Find the Dagger of Spritual enlightenment that Ro'can had told him about in some cave chamber no one has seen in 5000 cycles.

"But no pressure" he thought to himself as he slipped the axe into the towel that had been protecting it. A knock on the door broke his concentration. "Its open" he said.

Adnaan walked in the room carrying Rathamin's armor, it gleemed as he saw it for the first time since it got damaged.

"Wow" Rathamin said, how did you manage that, he said.

Adnaan sighed, "Yes I'm happy with the end result he beamed as he turned it around to show Rathamin.

Rathamin saw and was shocked, the front of the armor that had the hole now had an exquiste, carved eye where the hole was, ordained by carved spiral lines, moving out toward where Ratamin's chest would be. the spirals were slightly different color by the shine taken down to a dull shading.

"That looks amazing" Rathamin said, "how did you get the eye in there?"

Adnaan admired his handiwork, I took a bit of the shielding from the back and worked it into the hole from the inside. Oh, and I added the sigils for Hope, luck and good fortune to the back, Adnaan showed the carved sigils on the back of the shoulder.

"I'm sure we'll have good fortune now he said as he looked at Adnaan, how can I thank you my friend, he smiled as he put his clawed hand out. "Wait, did you sleep at all?" "Ah, it was the kiss wasn't It?" She got to you huh?

"Naw, kiss, what kiss, oh that, no, its just that Elfin don't need much sleep".

"Uh huh, yeah ok, lets get some morning meal." Rath chuckled.

Rathamin put the armor on the table and and they headed to the table, when they arrived, They saw that Speron and Emily were deep in conversation about something personal, this they knew because as soon as they came to the table the ladies stopped talking about whatever the topic had been. The guys looked at each other then at the ladies.

Morning Rath said as he sat and grabbed a plate sitting between them, It had some red fruit, few pieces of another fruit Rathamin didn't recognize. He looked over to see Adnaan filling his plate and not being too casual about it.

Emily smiled, "so I was over at the main building this morning, I heard Ro'can say were as ready as he can make us, buthe wants us to...

Ro'can came around the corner, and bellered, "Ms Grant, the discussions that were had in private were done so on purpose", he said as he poured to Rathamin looked like coffee. "Otherwise we would have had one big conversation". he said as he poured a cup.

Rathamin also poured a cup and returned to the table. He looked at Emily and smiled, as he rolled his eyes about Ro'can. He sat and gingerly ate as he watched his friends, wondering if one of them would truly betray his trust. Ro'can said to Rathamin, "so after the mid day meal you should be able to head to the mountains?"

"Yes, I want to do some research of the area if you have any maps" he said.

"Your welcome to use our library" Ro'can said cheerfully.

"Very generous of you" Rath said with a half smile, then took a bite from his plate.

Ro'can walked out as Rath looked at him from his side, then after he left, Rath looked at his friends, "Something weird going on around here" he whispered.