Chapter 6: I Will End This Engagement

It seemed that everyone had finished their breakfast except, one person.

'Even though that man did not say much I was not afraid of him even after seeing how he crushed those man's heads. The strange thing is that why do I keep thinking about him...was it because he took me by surprise?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Then why does it feel like I miss him...but how could I miss him it's not like I fell in love or anything.' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'I didn't even get to see his face.' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

' If I were to really like someone it would probably be my second favorite character but no, so why all of a sudden am I this?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Or is it the drink the witch gave me if not why am I forced to think about this man unless it's because-' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

"Daphne you said you had something to tell us right?" (Leo, asked)

Leo had interrupted her inner thoughts causing her to snap out of it and shoved her last piece of french toast.

'Clack'

A knife utensil was put down on her empty plate.

She finally looked up at them.

"Ah, right sorry about that I was gathering my thoughts." (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

'More like about that man...' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'He's the reason why I couldn't sleep so I used that time to think about how I will deliver my words to them.' (Soo-Ae/Daohne's inner thoughts)

'The problem is I don't know how they will take it...' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She seemed to be in thought again.

"It's alright dear, you said it was important so take your time we are here to listen." (Duchess Lilith, said)

She smiled warmly at Soo-Ae/Daphne.

It would be a lie if she said she wasn't nervous so she breathed in and breath out to calm her nerves.

After inhaling and exhaling it seemed her nerves had eased.

It was not the part of the engagement that made her nervous it was the part of how her family will react knowing the culprit behind the real Daphne's lake incident.

"The thing is..." (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

'Clack'

She played with her fork.

'Let's just start with the point.' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

"I want to break the engagement." (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

She said loudly with a determined face.

"Pfft" (Leo)

Leonardo had spilled his milk at Soo-Ae/Daphne's unexpected words.

"What?!" (Duke Adalwen, asked)

While the duke snapped his head quickly away from the duchess towards  Soo-Ae/Daphne with a surprised face.

Unlike the two surprised men the duchess remained calm only looking at her.

"Cough...D-Daph did I hear it right?" (Leo, asked)

He asked trying to calm down his cough as he almost choked on the milk.

Soo-Ae/Daphne looked at him with a sure expression.

"Yes, I want to break the engagement with the crown prince." (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

She confidently clarified herself.