Chapter 21: The Truths Behind the Man

***WARNING: This chapter talks about abuse and trauma.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 21...

'My mother accidentally turned you into a lily flower once' (Duchess Lilith's inner thoughts)

She said with a warm smile.

"..." (Soo-Ae/Daphne)

Soo-Ae/Daphne stared at the Duchess in silence as her eyes scrunched as if studying the Duchess in silence.

'What is this...it's as if she's...' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'When I possessed Daphne's body her memories followed in my mind...I knew what Daphne liked and disliked and coincidentally we liked the same things but what does this mean?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Yes, when I put sugar on my tea I do normally add four cubes of sugar then each time I tap my teaspoon at a certain angle making sure no sugar is left on the spoon out of habit when I disperse my grandmother's medicine since she couldn't swallow pills I crushed them adding it to her tea angeling the spoon and tapped it making sure everything landed on her tea' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'It became a habit and now I do it with the sugar cubes but to notice little details like that...not even I who have Daphne's memories that I had paid attention to that amount of small detail...did Daphne really do that too?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Besides...' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Open'

Soo-Ae/Daphne's lips finally opened with caution but not hesitance.

"It's like you see right through me" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

She wanted to test something.

"..." (Duchess Lilith)

The Duchess smile faded away.

"Daphne, when did you lose your memory?" (Duchess Lilith, asked)

'Widen'

"?!" (Soo-Ae/Daphne)

Her eyes widen at the Duches's question.

Indeed her insight was right, Soo-Ae/Daphne was feeling it and with the Duches's question just confirmed it.

Especially with a face and tone that seemed to know it all.

The worst part was that she didn't dare to touch her to know if the emotion bubble would flash red and black with how things had turned out.

'Does that mean that she...knows??' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

That she wasn't the real Daphne? But then what were those other words she was throwing at her?

'Guilp'

Her mind was becoming very anxious and altered making her swallow hard.

"After the palace incident I lost some of my memory" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

Still, she tried to speak up to test the water but it didn't mean that the anxiety and nervousness weren't showing threw.

She said with a voice trying to calm down her nerves closing her eyes shutly.

"..." (Duchess Lilith)

But the Duchess did not respond.

'She knows I'm sure she knows, she won't believe it...I'm still lying that I am Daphne, she must be furious if she knows, am I going to die for taking over their daughter's body and lying to her face after she gave me an opportunity, to be honest? I'm good as dead she for sure will-' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)