Chapter 4. Pt, 2.

TORI TWEETED ON THE Slap about being sent to the Guidance Counselors office, very annoyed as she walked there. She entered the room, frustration coursing through her and the first thing she saw was the security guard. She had her guard up as the door closed behind her, turning to Lane. "Oh hey Tori. Have a seat." He said, gesturing to the couch.

"You look a little worried." Lane said. "Yeah, well it's not fun being called into the guidance counsellor's office." Tori said, taking off her bag and placing it next to her. "You're not in trouble. I'm here to help you with your violence issues." Lane said and Tori got annoyed and angry. "I'm not violent!" She shouted. "I believe you." Lane said.

"Then why is he here?" Tori deadpanned, pointing at the security guard. "Explain that." Tori demanded. "Tori, I know that Jade probably isn't your favourite person." Lane started and Tori raised an eyebrow. "So?" Tori asked. "So in life, just because we may not like someone, that doesn't mean it's okay to beat em with a cane." Lane said.

"I didn't!" Tori shouted, very annoyed and frustrated, her anger getting the best of her. The security officer, Derrick, gets ready to use the handcuffs and gun. "Oh relax Derrick!" Tori said coldly before turning to Lane. "I did not hit Jade with that cane." Tori said and Lane pointed to his own eye. "Then how do you explain her black eye.?" Lane asked.

"Uh, I don't know." Tori said, reaching down into her bag to get some water. She heard Derrick getting into a fighting stance, ready to apprehend Tori. "I'm just getting water!" She mildly shouted at Derrick. Okay, maybe she did have violence issues but that isn't her fault. She's a MMA Fighter, A CFC champion. She has Anger Issues and she was trained at a young age to fight. Not a really good Combo.

Tori sighed as she unscrewed the bottle cap as Lane talks. "Listen, you were under a lot of stress, and you were worried that Jade was gonna hit you, right?" Lane asked and Tori nodded. "Well, yeah." That was only half true though. She didn't want to tell Lane the other reason, that would jeopardise the whole 'keeping her identity a secret' thing.

"So, you were afraid. Your adrenaline was pumping, and maybe in the heat of the moment, you swung on Jade with that cane for real." Lane said, as Tori took a sip of her water. "Maybe.." Lane said and Derrick placed a hand on his chin. "Maybe." He said, Tori and Lane turned to him, an annoyed look on Tori's face.

Tori didn't want Jade to get in trouble. She had a hunch Jade was just faking it and if she just told Lane and the others, Jade could get into serious trouble. She would take the blame for this one. Only because she was slowly starting to see Jade as an... acquaintance? She knew they weren't friends yet. But it would make Tori no better than Jade in her eyes.

"I guess it's possible." Tori sighed. "Ah-Hah!" Derrick shouted, making Lane jump as Tori snapped her head to Derrick. "Derrick!" Lane shouted as Derrick slowly retreated. "Now, do you feel better admitting that you hit Jade.?" Lane asked. "If I say yes, can I go?" Tori asked. "Sure." Lane said and Tori shot up from her seat. "Okay, fine then, Yes." Tori said.

"Wait, aren't you gonna punish her?" Derrick asked. "Derrick!" Tori shouted, annoyed. "Don't hit him!" Lane shouted, standing up. "I wasn't gonna, can you just tell me my punishment?!" Tori asked, annoyed. "Two weeks of detention." Lane said and Tori frowned, "aw.." She muttered.

"And—" Lane continued and Tori frowned more. "And?" She asked. "On Friday night, the middle schools doing a play here in the black box theatre. It ends with a big food fight scene." Lane explained. "So?" Tori asked, gesturing for him to continue. "So, you have to clean the theatre after the show. You know, scrape the food off the walls." Lane said.

"I'd have said three weeks detention." Derrick said. "Derrick..!" Tori said, angrily as she steps forward. Derrick puts a hand on his gun. "I'll pull it." He said and Tori grit her teeth. "I'll pull it.!" She replied angrily, clenching her fists as she stared at Derrick in the eyes with challenge, very annoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tori stood in the Black box theatre, scrapping food off the walls. She was told by Andre not long ago that Jade was faking it. He confirmed her hunch but she didn't do anything. She would take the punishment and just get on with her life at Hollywood arts. She's never going to get anywhere with this endless chain of arguments with Jade.

Derrick walked over and crouched down. "Is that Mac 'N' Cheese?" Derrick asked. "Who cares?!" Tori asked, swinging around annoyed as Derrick flinched back slightly. He walked away after that. "Just wanted to know if it was Mac 'N' Cheese.." Derrick muttered, tapping away on his phone and sitting down on a chair.

She heard footsteps behind her and turned her head from her crouching position. She saw Jade and they stared at each other for a second. "I don't get it." Jade started and Tori shrugged. "What?" She asked, confused. "I know Andre told you that I faked everything. The blood, the black eye, what is that, Mac 'N' Cheese?" Jade said before looking at the food on the wall, confused. "Looks like it, right?" Derrick said.

"Shut up Derrick." Tori said, annoyed as Jade raised an eyebrow. Derrick raised his hands in defence. Tori stood up and faced Jade. "Why are you here?" Tori asked. "Why are you here?" Jade retorted, confused. "Why didn't you tell on me?" Jade asked. "Cause, we both go to school here and it's not going to be much fun for either one of us if we're fighting all the time." Tori said, before walking past Jade.

"So, you're just gonna let me get away with it." Jade said as Tori scraped some food off the opposite wall. "You took detention, and a lower grade and your scraping crusty pudding off the wall on a Friday night, Just so I won't get in trouble?" Jade asked, frustrated and confused. "Pretty much." Tori said, glancing at her with a nod before scraping the food into the bucket she was holding.

"Well, you can't be nice to me when I've been mean to you. That's not how it works!" Jade said, her voice cracking slightly with confusion as she took a step closer to Tori. Tori looked at her and lowered the scraping tool. "Well, then, try being nice to me sometime. Maybe that will work. Now, Go play, I gotta scrape this Onion dip off the wall." Tori said before furrowing her eyes brows and sniffing it. "Or onion pus.." Tori said, turning to Jade before scraping it off the wall.

She heard a backpack clutter as it hit the ground but paid it no mind. When she heard scraping behind her and something hitting something else, she looked behind her and raised an eyebrow at Jade who was scraping something off the pillar. Jade sent her a sarcastic smile before continuing to scrape something off the pillar.

"This might be more fun with some tunes." Jade said as Tori watched her walk to wall with the controls before 'slipping' and hitting the play button as some music plays. Tori opened her mouth in a smile, a small chuckle leaving her as Jade dances her way over with a smile, swinging the towel around she had on her shoulder.

Tori dances slightly as she scrapes food off the wall with a smile. She glances behind her and grins at Jade who was hopping her head and dancing as she scrapped something off the pillar. Tori turned around and scrapes some food off the pillar next to Jade's pillar. "Hey, D, Come scrape with us. This is fun." Tori said. "All right." Derrick said, standing up and pocketing his phone, he walks over and crouches down to grab a tool.

Tori jokingly hit her butt with Derrick's as he crouched down. Derrick danced as he scraped some food off the pillar. "Here, try it with two." Jade said, handing her tool to Derrick, her voice shaking slightly with laughter. Derrick danced with a smile as he scraped both pillars at once, crouching slowly while dancing as he does. Tori and Jade danced around the room as Tori scraped some food until Jade tapped her shoulder.

They look over and see Derrick distracted by the music and scraping. Tori placed down her bucket and scraping tool and grabbed her back with Jade. They looked at Derrick for a moment before dancing as they shuffle out of the room. When they close the door, they run down the hallways, laughing.

They stopped by the lockers as they laugh. "Thanks Jade.." Tori said, leaning against one of the lockers as Jade does the same next to her. "Whatever." Jade replied, a small smile on her face. "What are you going to do now?" Tori asked and Jade shrugged. "Want to get some food?" Tori asked and Jade thought for a moment. "Sure." She said and they walk out of Hollywood Arts, no longer enemies.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1572 words