Chapter 10

TORI LET OUT A SIGH as she fanned her face.

A heatwave had hit L.A and Tori was sweating badly, in fact, most Hollywood Arts kids were.

"Oh, my god... I am so... hot.." Tori groaned.

Rex snickered. "Ain't that the truth?"

Tori sent him a look of annoyance.

"What's the temperature now?" Beck asked Robbie.

"Um, well, um according to my pear pad—" Robbie lifted a pearpad from under the bench, except it was bigger than half his body, making them groan at the ridiculous item he carried around.

"Here in Hollywood, it is 103 degrees." Robbie informed. Beck and Tori groan at his answer.

"Man, I hate sweating." Beck murmured.

"I know." Tori agreed. "My arms feel like warm, wet ham." Tori felt her arms as Beck laughed.

"Hi! I'm really hot but I'm still in a good mood!" Cat grinned as she arrived at the table.

Tori blinked as Jade sat down beside her, but continued fanning her face.

"Robbie, you done with that water?" Jade asked.

"No!" Robbie frowned.

"Give it to me." Jade demanded. "Alright." Robbie gave in immediately.

Tori looked at Jade as she drank her water and furrowed her brows. She leaned close to Jade's face, inspecting her forehead while placing a hand on her shoulder.

"What?!" Jade asked, confused on why Tori was invading her personal space. The scent of vanilla and bonfire entered her senses as Tori leaned in close.

Jade had the lingering thought that Tori smelled really nice, before banishing that thought with a few curse words directed to herself mentally.

"You're not sweating!" Tori snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Uh-huh?" Jade raised an eyebrow, wondering what the problem was.

Tori lifted a hand, and Jade felt the back of Tori's hand press against her forehead. Tori started patting Jade's face and neck with the back of her hands, and Jade would deny that her heart jumped when Tori's hand rested against her collarbone for a second.

"Having fun there?" Jade grit out, raising an eyebrow.

"How can you not be sweating?" Tori breathed out as she pulled her hands back.

"I don't sweat." Jade responded, shrugging.

Tori stared at her in bewilderment for a second. "Everyone sweats!"

"Not Jade." Beck sighed.

"Jade never sweats." Robbie agreed.

"What do you mean she never sweats?" Tori asked Robbie, raising an eyebrow.

"Sweating is gross, so I don't do it." Jade shrugged.

"So what, you're just, like, cold-blooded?" Tori deadpanned.

"Jade, cold-blooded? Mom, what a su-prise." Rex commented, making Tori crack a small smile as Beck laughed.

Tori watched as Jade grabbed Tori's sunscreen and sprayed it all over Rex's face. "Ah! That witch got sunscreen in my eyes!" Rex cried out. "Help me, rob!"

"Shh.. it's okay!" Robbie tried as he wiped the sunscreen from Rex's eyes with a napkin.

Tori just stared at the situation, disgusted.