Chapter 8

CAT ARRIVES AT THE lunch table, placing down a weird device. Tori raised an eyebrow, looking up at Cat from her food. Everyone on the table stares at it before going back to eating.

"Don't you guys wanna know what that is?" Cat asked. "Is it a transporter from the future that can beam you to another table 'cause if it is, what button do I push?" Jade asked. "That's so hurtful!" Cat gasped.

Tori caught Jade's eye and gave the feisty girl a look. Jade muttered something, rolling her eyes. "You know, you don't always have to be mean to everyone." Tori scolded. "See, Tori's interested in my device." Cat grinned.

"Not really, but it looks cool!" Tori tried to comfort Cat who sulked. "Awm come on, little red. Tell us about your doo-hickey." Andre grinned, throwing an arm around a now-happy Cat's shoulder.

"Okay, it's call the Snowbed. Watch!" Cat said, before pressing a button. Tori watched as the fake snow burst out the machine. The others — minus Cat swat away the snow. Cat giggled as Tori just watched the snow. Jade turned it off. "It makes pretend snow!" Cat grinned as left over snow kept falling.

"I see that!" Andre said. "It's all over my tostada." Beck frowned. "And my pizza!" Tori frowned at the loss of her food. "Well, do not eat it!" Cat ordered them. "Why?" Jade asked.

"Cause it says the fake snow is toxic can cause abdominal bleeding." Cat smiled, reading the instructions. The rest looked at their food before shoving it in the middle of the table.

"So, what made you buy a machine that poisons people's lunches?" Tori asked, giving Cat a smile.

Cat literally grabbed a whole magazine from her bag. "This catalog!" She squealed. Or catalog. Magazine, Catalog. Whatever.

"Sky store?" Beck asked, reading the front. "Yeah! I went to visit my uncle and uncle this weekend in San Francisco and they had these on the plane." Cat smiled — opening the catalog.

"It's like, filled with all kinds of cool stuff you can buy. Ooh! Like this— a tree face." Cat gasped excitedly. "You put it on your tree to give it a face!" Cat continued, showing them a weird tree face.

"What if you don't have a tree.?" Tori asked. "It also works on bushes!" Cat replied, smiling. Tori rolled a bit of snow around in her palms, now really hungry. Maybe she could go get some coffee.

She tuned in on the conversation when Robbie stormed over.

"—you guys have no idea how upset I am about..—" Robbie cut himself off, seeing them covered in fake snow. "It snowed? In Los Angeles?!" He asked, incredulously.

Is he dumb..?

"I told you global warming was bogus." Rex voiced. "Stop watching 'Fox News'" Robbie said, furrowing his eyebrows. "No, it's fair and balanced." Rex replied. "Dude.." Tori trailed off.

"It's not real snow." Beck said, brushing some off. Tori watches as Jade gives Robbie a spoonful. "But you can eat it!" Jade smiled sweetly. Tori gave her a look and Jade rolled her eyes, putting the spoon down.

"I don't want to eat anything." Robbie said, squeezing his way next to Tori who grunted, moving over slightly.

"What are you all upset about?" Andre asked. "This time." Beck sighed.

Tori listened half heartedly, looking for JJ. She hadn't seen him in a while.

Maybe he's not here today? Tori thought as Robbie ranted about his blog being taken down cause it was boring. Then everyone started to leave when he asked if his blog was boring.

Tori sighed. "Sorry they wanna cancel your blog." Tori frowned. "I just don't understand why." Robbie mumbled.

"Well, what kind of things do you report on?" Tori asked, tilting her head. "You know, school news. Last week, I did a report about the library being painted." Robbie said, making Tori cringe. "Boring!" Rex voiced, making Tori mentally nod in agreement.