house warming.

3 DAYS LATER...

"LORD Y/N?" (*the lord here is used as a gender neutral term)

You grogilly sat up on your bed and looked at the butler in front of you.

"Yes, what is it?" You yawned and looked at the clock from your bed side. 'It's 7 am..'

"This letter is from Lord Pantalone." He said and gave you the letter in his hand you took it and opened it.

You read its contents,

"Dearest Y/N,

The villa is prepared. The room you requested is also done and made to your liking. I hope to see you here by noon. Let's have lunch together."

-Pantalone

You sighed and yawned one more time. "Thank you." You nodded at the butler he went out and you got up. You smiled as you kept the letter in your bag.

"Today is the first day."

"Woah, this is one big house." You said as you looked at the interior designings. 'I mean mine is big but this is bigger.' You thought as you admired the place you were going to be considering home.

"Do you like what you see, my dear?" Pantalone entered from your rear, you turned around and greeted him with a bright smile.

"It's wonderful seeing you again, Pantalone."

"Likewise. So, do you like the house?" He asked as he took your hand and gave it a peck.

"Yes, I love it."

The house was located just a few miles from the harbor. The house was set on a hill so the whole harbor is overseeing. Lines of ships and glistening sea can be seen from here. The house was 2-storey, the interior had both Liyuen and Snezhnayan designs to it the two culture complementing each other giving it a unique touch to the place.

"Let's head up to the room." Pantalone suggested you nodded and followed him up the stairs. In the hallway, you two first entered the room to your right.

"This the library." He showed. Shelves of books on both sides and a coffee table for two were placed in the middle.

Next, you two entered a room adjacent to the library.

A desk was placed in the middle and a seat in front for a guess.

"This is my study. Visit anytime you like." He said and closed the door.

You two went further in and turned on the right.

The room had a desk, a tea table and a twin-sized bed. Going in, there were 2 doors, one was to a bathroom and the other a closet a walk-in one at that. You blinked once then twice. Soon, you were smiling from ear to ear.

You roamed the room swiftly and came back nodding happily.

"You can be in this room anytime you like. It is yours afterall." Pantalone says with a warm. You smiled back and said, "Thank you for this. I appreciate it."

"Anything for you, dear." As he gave you cheek a swift kiss.

"On to the last room." You followed rather now in a daze. You touched the cheek where his lips touched. You felt that thumping in your heart again.

'Nope. Not falling for it, handsome.'

Pantalone opened the door to the last room. It was across your personal room.

This room had a couch and a table in front. A king-sized bed in the far side of the room. 2 door again, one to the shared bathroom and a walk-in closet.

'Pretty decent if you ask me.' You thought and walked in. Grazing your fingers on the furniture.

"This will be our shared room. Though I will not force you to room with me here if you do not wish to."

'And leave you in that big bed?' You raised your eyebrows in question but quickly softened it as you looked at Pantalone.

"I don't mind, really." You said with a warm smile as you walked towards him and gave him a hug. You did not know why you did the gesture but I guess you could say it helped relieving the anxiety you were feeling. He hugged back and just like he knew he rubbed circles at the small of your back. You sighed contented.

'Let's make this work. I mean I get free lodging, food and a pretty nice allowance. And... a handsome looking bank owner for a spouse. Fake though. But we'll work this out.'

"Shall we have lunch now, qin ai de (my dear)?"

"I'd like that."

You two dined happily. Eating and conversing naturally, the topic starting off on one and ending on another.

to be continued...

next chapter !

04:

first public appearance