late night talks.

"HAH, THAT WAS SOME GOOD FOOD."

You said as you sighed contented and with a full stomach. "Thank you for dinner Pantalone and what you did back there, I truly appreciated it." You said as you got comfortable in the bed that you two shared. "Anything for you, qin ai de (my dear)." Pantalone replies as he too gets under the blankets. You let yourself blush a little since it was already late in the night and dark in the room with only the light of moon.

You two laid there side by side with a few feet apart, not looking at each other. It was when a few minutes passed and sleep still didn't get to you, that you decided to break the awkward silence.

"So Pantalone, what is it like to be a banker?"

"Hmm, where did that come from, Y/N?" He asked back.

"Well, I wanted to know what it is like to see a plenty of mora going through your hands everyday." You said, if Pantalone saw right he could've sworn he saw your eyes glint with the mention of mora, the same shade of it. He chuckled.

"Well it is quite taxing." He started.

"Pun intended?" You raised your brows.
Now, your body was facing towards him. "Maybe." He then also turned his body to face you.

"The paperwork, the hundreds of debts that I have to get back some way or another, the loans and meeting up with clients. Those things are quite taxing." He finished.

"Ehh, by the way you put it it does now feel quite tedious." You answered. "But, aren't there a few things that you like about it." You asked.

Pantalone closed his eyes to think, he opened them and said with such charm,

"There is one thing, and that was meeting you."

It was definitely not your fault that you blushed right in front of him but you hand to stand your ground.

"Flatterer."

He chuckled.

You two talk for hours. Talking about the randomest things. Pantalone squeezing in a few words to charm you. You did not know how you handled it throughout the night but you did.

The distance between the two getting nearer each time they laughed.

to be continued...

next chapter:

06: debt collecting