the eleventh: mr. cyclops and the narwhal battles

LIGHT STREAMED INTO THE COLD, DARK ROOM. It was another morning in Snezhnaya. You stirred and felt that Pantalone was not by your side. You stretched and slowly got up. You looked at your surroundings, still the same room. You looked at your left and saw there was a piece of paper on the nightstand, you took it and opened it.

It read:

Dear Y/N,

I apologize for not being by your side as you wake, but do not worry I have told the staff to be at your beck and call. Should you need anything just ring the bell by your side of the bed. I had some pressing matters to attend to. Please wait for my return.

P.S
If you were to encounter any of the other Harbingers do be wary.

Sincerely,
Pantalone ♡

'What a cute heart.' You giggled. Although, that was the first thing you commented on you still paid mind to the other things that Pantalone said in the letter. You smiled to yourself and got out of bed.

"How thoughtful." You thought aloud, your clothes for the day readied by the dresser. You went in the bathroom and got ready for the day.

You didn't bother to ring the bell, you were determined to roam the entire palace and familiarize yourself with the place.

'Be wary of the other Harbingers.'

That part in the letter rang in your head. You thought that was just his way to scare you to not get close with his co-workers but then again fatui were known to be quite the tempermental. 'I wonder if Pantalone had ever gone apeshit?' You chuckled. 'A sight that would be.'

As you walked the empty halls you reach a part where you could hear faint sounds of clanging metal and a savory aroma. 'The kitchen!'

You followed the scent and sound and finally arrived at the kitchen. You stood by the door, your presence did not go unnoticed and the staff scurried your way.

"Breakfast will be served soon, your grace."

"Fool! Serve it now, their eminence must be famished already!"

Everyone were making already quite a ruckus, so while that went on you made your way inside and sat by the counter and waited. A staff quietly asked if you needed anything while waiting, "A cup of coffee and a glass of water, please." She nodded and went ahead.

You quietly watched from your seat as they cooked and prepared some more food. After a few minutes your coffee and water was placed in front of you and the chef was about to serve your breakfast when one soldier, you thought, came in and said in haste.

"Her majesty The Tsaritsa wishes to invite their grace, Y/N." You spilled a little bit of your coffee after that, the young lady by your side quickly gave you a tablecloth.

The kitchen scurried again and placed all of your food in a silver tray, including your drinks and the soldier escorted you to where the Tsaritsa is.

"Where is her Majesty, anyway?" You asked, the soldier gave a short and quick answer.

"In her quarters."

You carefully sipped on your coffee as you walked in brisk manner. You were gonna need a lot of coffee to start this nerve racking day.

Soon, you all arrived at the door to the Tsaritsa's quarters. The soldier urged you to knock on the door and you nervouly did. You swear you heard the two behind you squeaked when the Tsaritsa's voice sounded through the door. "Come in."

The heavy doors opened on its own and you were both astonished and nervous. The soldier waited by the door while the young lady from the kitchen brought your tray of breakfast. "Sit, my dear." She said in a calm tone. Your tray was placed and the girl was ushered out. The door closed and now it was only you and the Tsaritsa.