first public appearance.

"WE SHOULD EAT OUT TONIGHT, what do you think, Y/N dear?"

Pantalone said as he fixes the glasses, you looked up at him from your book. "Like a public appearance and not in a private room type of dinner?" You queried, you weren't entirely nervous, people of Liyue have seen you with different businessmen and noblemen of Liyue but you felt somewhere in you that this was going to be quite different.

"Yes, do you not want to?" He questioned back, Pantalone thought that you might be uncomfortable but it wasn't like that. "No, I would love to have dinner with you." You smiled and he smiled back. "Alright, let's head out after half an hour."

Liuli Pavillion, you sat both entered hand in hand. The usual whispers began.

"Aiya, with another man, I see."

An old man seating at the far corner of the room whispered but it was loud enough to be heard.

"How long will this one last, I wonder?"

The old lady with the old man from earlier replied.

"A ring?!"

Now that wasn't a whisper it was a whisper-shout type of thing.

Then the inaudible whispers started. You sighed. For the first it was always like that, they never knew why she left the past ones. Now, with the ring, you didn't want to know what sort of nonsensical story the commonfolk will make of with it. You sighed.

Pantalone noticed this and coughed into his hand. "If you lot would be so kind, could you all please not talk about my spouse like that. I find it absolutely rude." Pantalone announced. You didn't know whether you wanted to laugh or cry.

To laugh means, you want to laugh at their shocked faces. Since, this was the first time someone spoke up for you. In the past, they would just pat you on the shoulder or rub the back of your back to try and comfort you, though you did not need that comfort you were used to it. To cry means, you were touched by the action Pantalone did for you this was an absolute first and you hoped it would not be the last.

As you two sat on your table, you whispered to Pantalone, one only he can hear.

"What you did back there was shocking, but it felt nice. Thank you for that Pantalone." You said with a small smile. "It was nothing. The people don't know you so they should not talk to you in such way." He answered as he took your hand and kissed the back of it. "Especially, not to my spouse."

You held back a giddy smile so you opted to give him a curt one and proceeded to get the menu. In the inside though, your heart wanted to come out of your chest.

to be continued...

next chapter !

05: late night talks