an angry cat ; an invitation to the banquet

WAKING ONCE AGAIN WITH THE SUN SLOWLY FILLING THE ROOM. You stirred and felt no one beside you, sighing, you stretched and got up starting to prepare for the day.

You were in the bathroom, as you were washing your face you felt something cold and metallic grazing your skin so with the bit of energy you had you peaked open your eyes and saw something shining. Taken with the sudden thing on your finger you completely open your eyes and saw the whole thing.

[INAUDIBLE SCREAMING]

You calmed down and took a few breaths. You conditioned yourself to finish with your face washing since the soap was starting to slide down your eyes and you might just scream again.

Examing the piece of jewelry on your ring finger, a diamond sat atop a simple yet elegant silver gold band. You were awestruck. You were always taken by the fancy, the flair of it all, but only today, this moment were tearing up at such a mundane thing.

It was different, all these feelings you were starting to feel ever since you signed those papers and been with Pantalone, everything has been different.

....

In the kitchen, head in the clouds. You asked to be left alone for a moment, the satff were skeptical about it but followed nonetheless. You mindlessly stirred the cup of coffee you just brewed, adding some condiments in a daze.

You stopped and rested your arm on a smooth somewhat rough surface it felt circular but since you were in your mind you did not feel any of it at all and slowy sipped away on your coffee.

'I can't believe it! That guy— Pantalone! Giving me an engagement ring while I was sleeping. He could've woken me up a bit or something.'

You shook your head and continued drinking your coffee.

'Does this mean he actually wants to make it official? Or is this for formalities? But if this was official will we be having a ceremony then. I'm getting marri—'

"AHEM! Are you done babling now about the Regrator and get your arm off my hat?!"

You were immediately brought out of your thoughts that was actually turned out to be you complaining to the air and to the boy in a quite a large hat way bigger than him you noted, fumed, glaring daggers at you.

"Oh, I didn't mean to rest my arm on your hat, kid. Tell me are you los—"

You were abruptly cut off as the boy fumed again.

"KID?! I've had you know that I am a fearsome Fatui harbinger, 6th of the ranks. You better be glad that your the Her Majesty's guest and the Regrator's spouse. If not I'd have your head by now."

'He looks like a cat.'

"Ahem, my apologies Lord Harbinger."

"Call me Scaramouche."

"Scaramouche. I was just lost in thought. You see, Pantalone—"

"Yes, yes I heard. You were complaining about it a while ago. You have nothing to worry about the Regrator, he won't do that if it was just for the sake of formalities, or whatever."

Scaramouche turned on his heel and walked away, not another word uttered.

You were left there, your coffee now had gone cold. You sighed. It seems that your only route was to face this head on and actually talk with Pantalone.

After a few tries of finding information as to where your husband might be you finally got a solid one and it was from another harbinger, Dottore.

"Oh, you're looking for Pantalone."