the fair lady; fairer than any flower.

"HAVE YOU EVER MET YOUR FATHER, Y/N?" Your hands went jelly making your utensils clatter on your plate.

You never met the man. Just stories from your late mother, and that was it. The stories vague and left most to imagination. No pictures, but one thing you knew was that he left for business, and died. Leaving your mother and you.

"I have not, your Majesty. My late mother told me he passed in a foreign land while on a business trip. They were to wed but father never got back to Liyue." You said in all honesty and memory. "I see, so you are aware."

Wait. You thought. How did her Majesty know. You just arrived with Pantalone and he said you were chosen through his selection process.

"How do you know of my father, your Majesty."

She took a pause and looked at you. "I, no, we, I and the Regrator, will tell you, very soon." She said. You didn't want to argue with an archon so you nodded and she smiled and beckoned you to come, you followed suit.

"You hold no grudges with your father, I presume." She looked at you, "No, I cannot blame someone I've never known." You answered. "Good. Thank you." She said and kissed atop your head.

"Enjoy your stay here in Snezhnaya." Just like that you were back in yours and Pantalone's quarter.

"What just happened?"

"Y/N? Dear? My love?"

"What?"

"You weren't responding. I asked what you and her Majesty talked about."

"Oh, ahh."

"Hmm, I guess I should continue calling you that from now." Pantalone chuckling to himself, amused with your flustered state.

"Please don't." You said covering your face in your hands as you grumbled. Today was quite eventful that's for sure. Your sudden encounter with the youngest harbinger and his little made this day a little normal you suppose.

"Oh, why not?" Pantalone teased further taking your hands into his and kissing every knuckle. You just completely gave out. All this skinship has made you overloaded. Butterflies in your stomach, and it wasn't because of some cuisine or a new bag nor shiny, shimmering jewelry it was because of a handsome, rich man that was your pretend spouse. Your head was spiraling with questions pertaining your late father and other pressing matters, but this was just as serious. You were definitely falling in this transactional marriage.

"Pantalone..." you started and reached for an extra pillow, and... WHACK. You hit him square in the face. You huffed out. 'I might be 6 feet deep in a while but I do not care. Falling in love is not happening on my watch!" Your conscience definitely said something else, but you pushed it down.

You were brought out of your thoughts when you heard laughing. He was laughing so heartily, so handsome as he fixed his glasses.

"I'm going to sleep! Good night, Pantalone!" You said and turned off the remaining light in the room.

Pantalone smiled at you while your back was against him. "How endearing."

"You have definitely bewitched me body, heart and soul."

"I'll be away for a while. Please take care, my dear." Pantalone said as he kissed your forehead and left for another Fatui business.

You sighed. "He did say that this more a vacation for me but a business for him." You mumbled to yourself. 'But I did hope I could at least spend this vacation with him.' You quickly erased the thought and made your way to the back of the palace. Pantalone mentioned that there was a garden with a variety of flowers, it intrigued you so you went.

Following the directions that Pantalone told you, you finally found the gate to the palace garden.

The gate was wide open so you welcomed yourself in. As soon as you entered various flowers lined up from the sides each flower having frost and snow on top of them, still it was beautiful. When sun hit the petals it reflects and creates such a beautiful picture. You pulled out your kamera and took a picture of the scenery. You looked at the picture and smiled.

You further walked into the garden. The scent and view cleared your mind of all the things you were bothered with. "In my next life I'd definitely want to be a flower. Just swaying in the wind." You chuckled to yourself while caressing the petal of a red flower that caught your eye. You turned around and was met with a lady. Her hair and skin as white as snow. 'Beautiful.'

You were definitely staring because the lady coughed and that made you snap from your trance. She looked at you, "You are?" She raised a brow. You scrambled to your feet, got up and dusted yourself. "I'm Y/N. I'm a visitor here—"

"Oh, so your Pantalone's spouse then?" She said completely cutting you off but you did not mind and sheepishly nodded.

She took your chin between her fingers making you look up at her. She was beautiful. "You are an ethreal beauty."

She complimented, your face is definitely flaring up since you were feeling hot all over. You can't believe you were actually complimented by a beautiful woman in a non-mocking way, you were finding words to say back but all your lips was quiver.

She set you on your feet and spoke, "La Signora, code name the Fair Lady. Eight of the Fatui Harbingers."

"You're fairer than the flowers in this garden!" You shot from your flustered state. She let out a small laugh.

"Come. Have tea with me."

"Yes, ma'am."

"So, how is the marriage coming along with the Regrator? Swell, perhaps?" She querried, taking a sip from her cup. You placed down yours and answered, "It's going well..." you looked down. 'Did they not know that it wasn't a real marriage, but an contractual one?'

"But?" Signora urged, "But, I think I'm falling. I mean I shouldn't, right? This arrangement is a contractual one and will have an end, though I do not know when. I, I just don't want to be the one that ends up getting wrecked and Pantalone is left perfectly fine." You said in all one go. This problem was bugging you since the two of you started sharing a bed back in Liyue but you ignored it then, but now it's coming back to you.

She set down her teacup and faced you taking your hands. "Do not let this hesitations distract you. Accept it and let it flow, and you both will join as one." You were about to ask a question but she spoke again,

"Trust me."

That you did. You kept in mind the words La Signora told you. You took a breath and laid down on the bed. As you closed your eyes you saw a woman and man happily in love.

"Y/N? I'm back, my dear." Pantalone announced, but soon his eyes saw that you were fast asleep. He gently closed the door behind him and crouched down to your side of the bed. He watched your sleeping state and carefully took your hand and slid a ring onto your ring finger, and kissed it. "This was long overdue."

"Sweet dreams, my love."

to be continued...

next chapter !

an angry cat & an invitation to the banquet.

081923
nana again! hehe
last update (real)
before i go inactive
for sometime again.

but don't worry i
won't let you guys
wait too long.

because we're nearly
reaching the end of the
2nd act! yayy!

what's to expect?
a lot.
mwehehe ^^

ok that's all byee (fr) <33