not always as it seems.

THE PLACE WAS DIM, RED LIGHT SWIRLING. Drunken laughter, shouts and other voices that a young kid shouldn't hear resounded on the walls of the "inn".

"Come on now, Little Y/N. It's getting late." The manager of said inn said as she ushers you out of the room you were standing in.

"Mama?" The last words you said as you were dragged out of the room. The scene forever etched in your head.

━━━

Fast forward to your early adulthood your mother lays on the bed, her body weak and frail, disabling her to provide for the two of you.

"Hahaha, Mr. Yi you are so funny." You laughed but it was strained but it seemed like no one noticed from their drunker stupor. The old man, Mr. Yi, makes his way to grab you but you quickly grabbed it and placed it in your hands instead. You gave the old man a smile and handed him a new glass of liquor. He took it and downed it in a second. You sighed, this was going to be a long night.

Working as an escort did pay big, though it has its cons too. So, to survive in this world you had to at least know to defend yourself and manipulate as to not get in trouble.

'Yes I'm an escort but no I'm not going to be touched like that easily by these old farts. I just want the money, nothing more.'

Thus, that was your life. Later, your mother passed despite all your hardwork to bring her medicine and get her weekly check-ups. Guess Celestia has other plans. Even after her passing, you continued with your work as an escort. Sure it was risky, always on your foot, but, it payed well. You wanted to maintain the lifestyle even if it's exhausting to keep your guard up.

Now, enter meeting Pantalone. He ended your career as an escort with a snap of his fingers, as soon as you signed the marriage contract. No problem, you still had the lavish lifestyle. Playing house, that was quite a challenge. All the playful conversations and sweet calm moments were new to you. Fortunately, you were assured by your "husband" that this was to stay. For how long, no one knows.

Though, stressing yourself out would bring in nasty acne and you did not want that. Kidding aside, you were determined in the role you were given.

"Y/N, are you sleeping or are you awake?"

to be continued...

next chapter :

welcome to the land of frost and ice, Snezhnaya.