shopping & surprise.

"AHH, IT'S SOO BORING HERE, NOTHING TO DO." You yawned as you lay down on the soft plush couch. Pantalone is currently at the Northland Bank and you decided to stay. Though, if you're being honest it's beginning to become quite boring all alone.

You shot up from your position and made a beeline to your wardrobe. "Hmm..." you hummed as you scanned through the racks for an outfit to wear. "Ah, this will do."

Wearing a traditional Liyuen outfit with flair, you went out.

Going into the harbor, you inhaled its scent. 'Still the same as ever.' You thought and let out a loud cackle.

"Ah, the crazy spendster is back at the harbor, ladies and gents."

"Ready your stalls, people.

"It's...

"SHOPPING SPREE SATURDAY!"

"It's actually Wednesday, today."

"Shut it."

With that, you made your way to the plentiful stalls that you came across and scanned through their items, looking for something to buy.

"Ooh gems..." looking at the presented crystals you scanned through them throughly. You were a spendthrift but you weren't a dumb one. You hadn't a record of getting scammed up to date.

"Ah, this is the one!" You say holding up the piece of stone in your fingers. "How much?"

"Since you're a regular, 30,000 mora!"

"Sold!"

Your next stop was a jewelry shop.

Jewelry of all types lined up on plush cushions, the light from the sun hitting it and giving it a magnificent glow. You went through a multiple of choices before you set your eyes on two sets. A deep blue one and a deep purple one. The blue one had silver edges while the purple one had gold ones. The set consisted of a necklace, a pair of earings, a bracelet and a ring. 'Hmm which one should I go with?' You thought for a while. Suddenly an image of Pantalone came into your mind. Surprised, you gulped down. 'That was unexpected.'

"I'll take both of them." You decided you didn't know why but it felt right after seeing Pantalone in your head.

The last place you went to after going in between of food stalls and trinkets, you landed at your favorite clothing stall. You went in and scanned through the racks till you reached a certain rack. It had Snezhnayan style clothes. Without much thought you bought a set. It was in indigo. You held it up to yourself as you faced a full sized mirror.

It's a coat perfect for the harsh weather of Snezhnaya. 'It does suit me...sold." The set included a headpiece, a coat and gloves.

"It suits you, милая моя (my dearest)." The familiar voice startled you, turning around you faced your "husband".

"Pantalone... what, how did you, what are you doing here?" You were stumbling over your words, Pantalone swiftly takes the clothing in your hand and scans it up and down.

"Perfect. You now have something to wear when we visit Snezhnaya, next week." He announces and walks up to the store owner and paying for the clothes.

You were left standing there by the mirror, speechless.

BACK AT YOUR AND PANTALONE'S SHARED RESIDENCE...

"What do you mean we'll be going to Snezhnaya, next week?" You asked exasperated.

"Hmm, this pieces of jewelry suit you perfectly." He hold up the necklace to your neck. "Though, would you prefer my hands instead?" He looks at you slyly. You were left for words.

"Kidding. Now, I meant what I said we will be visiting Snezhnaya for a while." He explains as he carefully places back the necklace in its box. "But, why though?" You asked further. You weren't opposed to the idea you just felt it was quite sudden to visit Pantalone's homeland after being "married" for only a month. "Business on my side and the rest is a surprise, dear." Pantalone takes your hand and gives it a kiss ending said discussion.

You watched his back as he went up the stairs. You sighed, it can't be help now that it has been set. You could only hope for the best out of the trip.

to be continued...

next chapter !

interlude : not always as it seems.