questions and answers, the pair arrives at the palace.

AS YOU BOTH STEPPED OFF THE FLEET, you are greeted with a gust of cold wind and the snow crunching beneath.

Pantalone takes your hand as you two wait for the carriage that is to pick you up and take you to the Zapolyarny Palace.

"What even is the fatui all about?" You suddenly asked. People on the dock walking past but stopping for a few to look at you both before carrying on.

'Who is that?'

'His lord's lover perhaps?'

Whispers continue to come and go but you didn't mind nor did Pantalone. You two know what you both were to each other so, it doesn't matter.

"Hmm, I would say that the fatui is—" Pantalone was cut off shortly when a neigh of the horse bellowed in front of you. The fatui coachman goes down to open the door to the carriage, Pantalone helps you get in then follows suit.

—an organization that takes the gnosis of archons to overthrow Celestia." He finally explains. "Is it really neccessary though to cause a wreck?" You further questioned, "Well, we have our ways. By hook or by crook, Her Majesty the Tsaritsa gets what she wants." Pantalone says that with a tone for no further questions. You understood that and nodded. It wasn't your place to know the gritty details anyway. You were simply benefitting from the arrangement and at the end of it you will be back to being a normal Liyuen with no ties to the Fatui.

"So, how is our "marriage" helping with this goal of your archon then?" This question wasn't that much privy to dark details. "Well, it will expand the influence of the Fatui in Liyue and well bond the two nations together." He answers, "Well that's... I don't quite follow." You say making him explain further. "With the Northland Bank in Liyue and your archon, well ex-archon and Her Majesty having already talked, as long as Liyue is safe. Although, some may argue some of our soldiers are quite ill-tempered and may start a fuss, but with the Milileth and all I'm sure they can handle a few." He finishes, you were left in your thoughts after you nodded. 'Where in that damn explanation do I come in?'

"Y/N," he started, you looked at him and raised a brow. "What?"

"have you ever heard about your f—"

Pantalone was caught off once more when the horse neighed and the carriage came to a halt. You weren't really paying attention a little while back. Since, the carriage entered the palace's premise you lost track of your train of thoughts and admired your surroundings through the small window of the carriage.

Pantalone quietly grunts in annoyance but, seeing your face looking enamoured by the palace was enough to ease him.

It's always been like that ever since you two got together. He just couldn't pinpoint why exactly. You didn't see it either. Both were just enjoying. For how long will that last, time will tell.

The door of the carriage once again opens, you stepped with the help of the coachman and glanced all our. Ice, white, hues of blue everywhere and there in all its glory the Zapolyarny Palace stood. You brought out your kamera and snapped a quick photo of the palace.

"Hmm, you seem delighted, my dear." Pantalone said from behind as he peered at the picture you took. His hot breath fanning on your neck, you didn't move and answered, "Duh, it is my first time leaving Liyue and all." You said rolling your eyes and hid the kamera again.

"My lord and his spouse, are expected to have an audience with Her Majesty, the Tsaritsa." A fatui soldier comes out and announces taking your luggages. "Yes, we will be in the throne room shortly." Pantalone answers swiftly.

"Let's get going, my dear." He took your hand in his and led you into the palace.

Corridors all so quiet, windows all frosted in ice. The palace was dead and cold. That was how you described the place but, it was beautiful nonetheless. "Where are we heading, Pantalone?" You asked still holding onto him, his warmth on your hands a delightful feeling. "To our room, shortly after to the throne room. The sooner we meet Her Majesty we will be able to go out to eat and shop." Well that was music to your ears so you hummed and went along with Pantalone.

The room you entered was none other than Pantalone's own quarters. It was spacious and only had a few things in it. A wardrobe, a desk with a stack of papers placed neatly on the side, a couch by the fireplace, a door leading the bathroom and a bed fit for two.

You sat down on the bed and laid there as Pantalone and the fatui are getting in the luggages. As soon as the soldier is out the door, Pantalone shuts the door and sighs. The bed dips on your side so you looked up.

"Quite a trip we had there, no?" You yawned then nodded. "It was, yes." Out of the blue, Pantalone petted your head, it was soothing really but, you had to stay awake since you two were going to the throne room to visit the archon of Snehznaya. "Nod off for a bit. I know you're tired. I'll wake you up in a few." Pantalone cupped your face and placed his forehead on yours, this skinship was definitely not on the contract but, you didn't mind, it was pure and it felt nice, you felt relaxed. "But the queen..." you trailed off sleep getting to you. "Yes, we will. Now, sleep." He says and that was that you fell asleep but just before you felt a slight peck on your lips.

to be continued...

next chapter !

her harbingers & her Majesty the Tsaritsa ; meetings and greetings as such

062823
nana here!
woohoo finally updated!
school finished a
few weeks back but
i had to finish up a few ties first.
but, hey!
here's the first chapter of
the second act and
i hope y'all like it ^^
bye for now !