her harbingers & her Majesty the Tsaritsa ; meetings and greetings as such

YOU AWOKE TO THE SOUNDS OF KNOCKING. The weight beside you dissapeared, you opened your eyes groggily to see what was going on. With blurry vision you could only make out that Pantalone was talking to someone by the door in a hushed tone, Pantalone looked your way, after that he closed the door and went back to your side.

"What was that about?" You asked, you slowly sat up, yawning and stretching. "Our presence is now needed in throne room. Are you able to come or should I tell them—"

"No, I'm going. I'll be fine you're with me." You told him smiling. Pantalone was about to say something but no words came out he sighed and turned away coughing awkwardly. You shook your head chuckling to yourself and got up.

"Well then let's get ready. Don't want to keep them waiting for any longer." You said walking towards the bathroom. "Yes, yes, we should." Pantalone got out from his previous state and started getting ready too.

'Outstanding how you can make me speechless.'

After a few minutes, both of them now ready to head to the throne room. Pantalone held the door and you walked out he followed suit closing the door behind you both. Your hand in his arm, you two walked the hallways of the palace. 'Is it just me or did the place lighten up just a little?'

"Is there something a matter, dear?" Pantalone asked bringing you out of your thoughts. "It's nothing." You simply answered. After a few followed up and asked, "Is the Tsaritsa the only person we'll be seeing, right?" Pantalone looked ahead, a dangerous glint in his eyes, "Hmm, we will see." You stared at him for a little more looking for a clue or something.

"Is my face that pleasant to look at, dear?" His face now looking at you, smiling his eyes turning into crescents. You stared back, "Well, yes. But, don't get a big head." You huffed. Pantalone laughed, its sound echoing. 'No. Impossible... maybe?'

You two finally arrived at the door of the throne room. Huge was an understatement. An undescribable feeling emitted from the door. You raised a brow but immediately your face went neutral when the door suddenly opened. Ice forming from its side. A booming voice resounds.

"You're finally here, Y/N." You froze on the spot and looked ahead. A lady whose face was hidden behind soft translucent silk sat atop a throne made from ice.

Pantalone bowed and so did you. "Take a sit my children." She said. As if on autopilot your body moved on its own following Pantalone. Only when you were now sat did you realise that you and your spouse has company. Aplenty.

No one spoke a word. Not until the Tsaritsa spoke again. "I assume that the travel from Liyue to Snezhnaya was seamless, yes?" She asks, in her hand she holds a chalice, swriling it in between her fingers. "Yes, your Majesty there were no complications."

"And, you, dear? How has it been for you?" Maybe you weren't in the clearest of minds that day, you could have sworn that her tone of voice was much softer when she asked you. "It, it was a smooth travel, your Majesty." You stammered a bit, you couldn't help it. Pantalone squeezed your hands carefully underneath the table, the gentle pressure easing your nerves. You squeezed back as thanks.

"Well I won't be questioning any further I just wanted to see that you two are well. Especially, you, Y/N." You nodded and just like that, all of the other harbingers present including yourself and Pantalone stood up and bid the Tsaritsa farewell.

She passed by you and gave you one final look, then she walked out the door.

"Well that was something." A voice exclaimed with a sigh you looked to its way and saw a man with arctic blue locks and razor sharp teeth stretching his limbs. I guess he caught your stare, he fixed himself and introduced. "I'm Dottore. Nice to finally meet you."

"You were quite a special one, her Majesty the Tsaritsa never once used that tone on us before." A lady's voice rang from the other side. "Arlecchino." She nodded towards your way. "Hoohoo, do tell, dear Y/N, was Pantalone the right choice." The lady beside Arlecchino spoke her voice easy on the ears. "Yes, I guess he is." You sheepishly answered. "Columbina, dear. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Arlecchino and Columbina bowed and left the throne room.

"Should you have any trouble do not hesitate to seek us. Pierro." The man stated, bowed and also left the room.

"My quarters always open. If you're ever interested in experiments do see me." Dottore says and also dismisses himself.

The throne was now only occupied by you and your supposed spouse still silent.

"Is anything the matter, Pantalone?" You asked searching for any signs that he could be in distress.

He gazed at you and placed a to your cheek. "You are deeply loved. Never doubt that." He says and gives a quick peck on the lips.

His skinship was always so sudden leaving you stunned and unable to catch up, not that you were complaining. At the very least, his actions never made you shudder. Weird you thought.

"Shall we, my dear?" He lends his hand for you to grab hold of. "Yes."

"Don't act like I forgot your promise to shopping and eating out."

"Hoho, I wouldn't dare to go back on my words."

Just like that, you were already enjoying your stay in the land of ice.

Bonus !

*back at Pantalone's quarters

Y/N: Are those all the other harbingers?
Pantalone: No, not all of them were present earlier.
Y/N: *sighs* So, there's more?
Pantalone: If you are to encounter them without me by your side please do be cautious.
Y/N: I will.
Pantalone: That's very good to hear, my dear. *tucks Y/N in bed* *places a kiss to their forehead*
*Y/N dozes off to sleep*

Pantalone: Time to make a quick visit.

to be continued...

next chapter !

the eleventh: mr. cyclops and the narwhal battles

081823
nana here!
ehe ^^ sorry for
the very very late update ^^'
I might've forgotten
that I had a Wattpad account
with a pending book.
nonetheless, thank you for
still checking this fic out!

thank you for the 3k reads! <3