2.

Uh oh.

I looked up only to see Adam entering the shop. I hope he didn't see Alek touching me. I don't think that will end very good.

Honestly it did feel kind of good seeing Adam though because if I think about it, he's spent the last year loving me when Alek is the one who left me. Adam is the one who cares about me.

I decided to run into Adam's arms, wrapping mine tightly around his torso. "I missed you." I whispered.

Adam isn't always bad. Sometimes he's still the guy he was when we first started dating. He protects me, gives me a place to live and even stands up for me when needed.

"Is there a problem here?" Adam asked, holding me close to his side as he glared at Alek.

"No. No problem." I could feel Alek's eyes scorching into my skin as he spoke. It made me want to squirm away from this awkward situation and hide in the bathroom.

"I was just hoping Noah here could find me some flowers."

There was a weird tightening feeling in my heart. It reminded me of the day I woke up with him being gone. I bit my lip, hoping it would stop my eyes from watering. Who is he buying flowers for? Was he with someone else before me? What if he isn't even into men and he used me to experiment?

"You know, you actually look pretty familiar. I swear I've seen you somewhere before." Adam expressed.

"Not sure. Can't say I recognize you. Anyways, i'm in a bit of a rush. Do you mind?"

Adam lifted my chin and kissed my forehead. "I'll be in the car, babe. You let me know if you need anything." He eyed up Alek before heading back out to his car.

It was only a few moments before Alek's annoying voice spoke up. "So that's the boyfriend, huh? He seems a little, how do you say it, stuck up?"

Alek's words made me scoff. How could he have the right to say anything about me or my relationship?

"He looks like the kind of guy who would cry to his mother if he didn't get his way." Alek stated in his stupid Russian accent and his stupid laugh. And why on earth do his eyes have to crinkle that way when he smiles!

"That's very rude. You shouldn't judge people by the way they look." Nor should they have an amazing night of sex and act like nothing ever happened and show up at your work two years later!

"You are too pure for this world, Noah."

What we did two years ago was far from pure. That's what I wanted to say, but seeing Alek's 6'5 frame compared to my 5'0 was enough to make my confidence wash away. I look like a baby standing next to him! I can't believe I forgot how tall he was.

"What kind of flowers would you like." I asked, ignoring his comment and walking towards one of the displays.

"What do you recommend?"

Just be professional. You can be professional, Noah.

"Um, well roses are quite a popular choice for many but I'd have to say Dahlia's have been one of our top sellers recently. They represent devotion, love and commitment. Lots of people buy these because of the beauty they hold and it's a plus for people who are sensitive with smells because these ones don't really have a scent to them."

"There are also these pink peonies which are another one of our best sellers. They represent love, health, luck and prosperity. They smell wonderful and they're very pretty. I'm sure whoever you are buying these for will be very pleased with the options we carry." I trailed my finger along one of the peonies and walked back behind the counter.