17.

Alek

We were about half way done bringing in Noah's furniture and there were two things I noticed.

Actually, three.

One, Chris was eyeing me up with a glare nearly the entire morning and has barely spoken a word to me. For good reason though, I suppose.

Two, Noah looked absolutely adorable trying to carry the large boxes off the truck.

And three, the black car parked across the street with windows tinted dark enough it was impossible to see inside. I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was in there watching me.

After everything that happened, I thought it was done. . . I thought I'd escape him and he'd leave me alone. I guess it was wishful thinking after what I did.

Yes, I might have taken something for myself and maybe did a few other things, but he deserved it. He got nearly everything of theirs, I didn't think it would matter. I just don't know what more he wants from me. Well, besides probably wanting me dead, but the fortune he has should already be enough.

That also brings me to Noah. . . Seeing the way I hurt him crushed me. Even though we haven't gotten to know everything about each other, it's clear he's very easily attached. I have no doubts me getting taken had hurt him deeply. It was even worse after finding out the fact that he was a virgin when we made love. I broke his heart and i'm going to fix it.

Despite everything that still may be going on in my life, I'm going to do everything I can to make up my actions to Noah. That means being a little over the top with the sweetness, the compliments, showing him I want to spend time together. . . He needs to understand I'm all in with him, even if its a little much.  It's nice seeing him blush when I call him baby boy, or if I touch him a certain way anyways. It's safe to say I have no complaints.

The connection we shared over that short period of time made me fall hard for him. I always thought those romance movies were bullshit and falling in love wasn't something that would happen for me, but being with Noah proved that to be wrong. When you find that person for you, you'll know with every fibre of you're being.

Noah will always be my whirlwind romance.

The truck was nearly empty when I noticed the black car's engine start. I felt something wasn't right and I couldn't have Noah out here.

"You guys head inside, I'm going to have a smoke and I'll bring the rest up." I plastered on a smile, hoping my anxiousness wasn't visible.

My little Noah ran up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wanted to bask in the moment and hold him forever, but I can't risk his safety.

"Thank you for helping me today." Noah whispered in a shy, quiet voice.

"You're welcome sweetheart, now go inside. I'll be in shortly, okay?" I kissed the top of his head and forced out a smile.

Once it was just me out there, I put a cigarette between my teeth and lit the end of it, inhaling the sweet toxicity.

With the smoke in my mouth, I reached into the moving truck and pulled a couple boxes to the edge, looking anxiously over my shoulder.