6.

Flashback

I was surprised to hear from Alek again, but true to his word four days later he asked me out on a second date. I did have his number but I got too scared to text him, I didn't know when to do it and I didn't want to come off as needy so I thought it'd be better if I just didn't make a fool of myself.

But apparently I did something right because we're going out again and I wish I could scream my excitement from the rooftop! Words can't even begin to explain how excited I am to see Alek again.

The only thing that has been on my mind since Saturday is the kiss we shared. It was the greatest first kiss I think anyone could ask for. It was even in the rain, like how romantic is that?!

Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll want to kiss me again! I wonder if it'll be better than the first one. I don't know if anything can top that though. I can say i'm glad I saved my first kiss for him.

Oh my god, I need to brush my teeth again! I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth then rinsed with some mouthwash. I also reapplied deodorant because i'm nervous sweating and I cleaned my glasses so there's no smudges. I want to be able to see all of him, not some blurry blob.

I just can't believe a guy like him wants to see me again! It's not that i'm not attractive or anything, I dunno, I look like a nerd and he looks like a god.

Alek asked me out on an afternoon date this time. He said and I quote, "I want to see your beautiful skin glowing in the sunlight." Like who says that?! Is he trying to make me fall in love with him? Because it's working. Sarcasm not intended.

I might actually be falling for him.

I decided to wear a nice pair of dark blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a grey cardigan. I made sure to pick it out last night because it ended up taking me three hours to decide on what to wear. I always stress myself out over the smallest things!

I grabbed my phone and keys, shoved them in my pocket then made my way to the coffee shop up the block. I had Alek drop me off there on the weekend as well. I feel safer when no one knows where I live. There's too many videos and documentaries of stalkers and it scares me a little bit.

I was a little early so I went inside the shop and I ordered myself a frozen vanilla chai latte and for Alek, I got him a strawberry smoothie because I don't know what he likes. Everyone has to like strawberries. They're so pretty and delicious!

Once the drinks were given to me, I stood outside of the shop and waited for Alek to pull up.

A few minutes went by and that gave me too much time to wonder if my hair was still in place. There's a bit of a breeze today. I looked at the road and didn't see anyone, so I set one of the drinks down on a tiny brick ledge and straightened out a few pieces in the coffee shops window.

After I felt it looked okay I picked up the drinks and spun back around. I hope I don't look weird just standing here.

My heart started beating faster when a familiar black car stopped in front of me. Oh my god he's here!

I stayed where I was because my feet didn't want to move, so I stood there like a dummy, holding the drinks with a shy smile, hoping he got the hint to get out of the car.

Alek did get out of his car a moment later (thank goodness) and wow, his hair had that 'my hair looks wet but it's actually dry' look to it and it made me speechless! He even had a nice button up shirt with half the buttons undone and a pair of sunglasses hanging from it. He could definitely be a model of he wanted to.

"What do you have there, sweetheart?" Ugh, his voice is so deep and raspy.

"I um. . . Here! I-I got this for you." I blushed, holding out the pretty pink drink to him. "It's strawberry." I stated with a big cheesy smile.