24.

Chris
____________________________

"Anthony, I don't know what to do. I can't get him to snap out of it." I sighed as I spoke with Anthony on the phone.

"He's barely even speaking anymore. . . Not to mention how he's going to react when he finds out Daisy's let him go. He loved that place, Anthony. I don't know how to help him. It's so hard seeing his life implode right in front of me. . . I hate not being able to do anything about it."

"I know kitten, I'm sorry there isn't much I can do to help Noah. The best thing you can do is be there for him. I'm trying to get more info from Alek, but he's being stubborn on letting me and Julian help. And yes, I know you're not fond of him right now but you know what he went through. He's just not seeing things clearly. I'm going over there later with Julian. Maybe we can knock some sense into him." 

"Well he needs to get his shit together. He hasn't even come to see Noah. Its been over a week!" I scoffed.

"I don't think it will be good for Noah to see him right now anyways, kitten. It might only make things worse."

"I know. I'm just at a loss here. Fox is going to come over to Noah's after, maybe he can get him to talk." I looked over to Noah who was sitting in his boxers on the floor, coloring and watching tv.

"Maybe it'll be good for Fox to be there too. Just keep him busy, yeah?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll talk to you later, I love you."

When we ended the call, I sighed and set my phone on the couch beside me.

Noah was focused intently between the cartoons and his drawing.

"Hey, Noah? Are you hungry for anything? I can make you some food, or I can order something in. How does that sound?" I asked softly.

He barely moved a muscle at my question, only muttering an "uh-huh" to me in response.

I decided to take initiative and order some food for me, him and Fox. I texted him and he responded almost immediately saying he'd love to come over.

So forty five minutes later Fox arrived just as the food did as well.

"Hey, babe. How is he?" Fox asked, pulling me in his arms for a hug.

"See for yourself." I directed my eyes to Noah who still hasn't moved from his spot on the floor.

"Noah buddy, look who's here." I smiled gently, carrying the food into the living room.

He had this hopeful glint in his eyes when he looked up, but once he noticed Fox, they switched to this dull, lifeless look I hadn't seen before. Not until this week at least.

"Hello." He whispered, turning his attention back to coloring.

"Hi, gorgeous. Look at that pretty coloring, you're doing such a good job." Fox smiled, joining Noah on the floor.

"Thank you." Noah murmured. "I like yellow."

"It's a very pretty color." Fox smiled. "How about we take a break and get some food in that tummy of yours. You must be starving."