22.

Alek
____________________________

It's been six months of purgatory and affliction. The only thing that has gotten me through these last six months are the memories I have of my baby boy, Noah.

God, words can't even begin to explain how much I miss the way he looked at me. The adorable little twinkle in his eyes he got every time his eyes found mine. He's the only person to ever make me feel this way. I've had relationships before, but nothing is even comparable to what I have with Noah. I love a boy I've only gone out with a handful of times and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I've never met a person so gentle. . . so kind and pure. There's something special about Noah and I'll be damned if I don't get to experience at least one last time.

In the few dates we were actually able to go on, Noah managed to put an enthralling spell over me. He took up every inch of my mind, my heart. . . My being. Even though he doesn't know it, I'll be forever grateful to him for getting me through this.

I've lost count of the times I've been beaten by Viktor himself, or his men. The first couple of months that past were the worst. I begged them to stop countless times and not once did they let me be.

There came a point where I lost my will to fight them and I gave up.

I never knew it was possible to feel so numb and desolate. The the pain from the attacks on my body was virtually nonexistent anymore. It could be a good thing, yes, but also it could be very bad. Maybe they fucked up my body to a point beyond repair.

I can hardly remember a day where my body wasn't in pain.

There is never anything more comforting then when I close my eyes because when I do, I see him. My love. There's a small piece of me that still has hope of me escaping, but every day is harder than the last.

I don't know why Viktor has it out for me when I can't even remember the guy. I've been trying to make sense of everything that's been happening but haven't come up with any logical reasons. I mean hell, we were separated when we were children. What could I have possibly done to him?

As I was lying on the worn out mattress, I heard someone approaching the door.

In no way am I ready for another beating, but I can't really run being trapped in a basement with men surrounding every corner or the place. I'd be dead before I even stepped foot out of the room.

The door opened and I took a deep breath, doing my best to mentally prepare myself for what's to come.

"Hello, brother." Viktor said with a sickening smirk.

"Just get it over with, Viktor." I sighed, wincing as I sat up from my spot on the bed.

"I've become quite predictable, I see." He chuckled. "I hope you now understand what will happen if you cross me and my family. Lucky for you, you've proven to be stronger than I've made you out to be."

"And what do you mean by that?" I scoffed.

"You see, I had to ensure you had the strength to handle our business. I can't have you going in there being a little pussy, now can I." He hummed satisfactorily. "Now we can see if you're really ready to handle the business. Just know if you fuck it up, I am not afraid to kill you."