26.

Alek
____________________________

The three of us stepped into Julian's office, and on one of the couches sat an unfamiliar man. He was older than us, maybe late forties, early fifties, but he still looked young. He sat back on the couch, housing a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"You must be the one I am helping." His expression bordering apathetic, watching me intently with his cold eyes.

"I am." I answered with a subtle nod.

"How would you like this done? I can make it quick and painless, or if you'd prefer. . . I can make it fun." He smirked. The excitement behind the man's face made a chill run down my spine.

"Whatever you have to do. I just can't handle him any longer."

"I can see why. He's a powerful man. From my research, I've heard you caused quite the commotion before your disappearance. You do realize who you stole from that day, right?"

"Of course I do. I didn't have a choice." I clenched my hands into tight fists. Does he think I'm stupid? That I don't know what I did?

"I just want you to understand that even if your brother is dead, you may still have people after you."

"If it comes down to that, I can always just disappear again. They can't find me if I'm always on the run." I shrugged, my heart sinking at the thought of leaving.

"Disappear? After all this, Alek?" Julian's voice chimed in from beside me.

"It's just a thought, man. I don't want to put you guys in any more danger than I already have."

Julian shook his head at me and Anthony was surprisingly silent.

"Running will never work unless you do not care about your friends and family. Chances are, they know everything about you and everyone in this house. You run, they will all be dead. Of course for the right price, I can help get rid of the problem." He smirked.

"I'll pay anything. I need him gone. I. . . I need them all gone."

"Then we have a deal, my friend. I've located Viktor and his crew earlier today. I'd like a day to follow him and track his schedule. What he does, where he goes, then when the time is right, he will no longer breathe the oxygen this world has to offer."

"And you're sure you can do this?" I asked.

"I am the best hitman you will encounter in your existence. I have the resources, the skills and the weapons. You have nothing to worry about." He reassured.

"Alright. Do you need anything else from me?"

"No. Just sit back and I will get the job done." The man drank the remnants of his whiskey, then set it on the table beside him.

The man left shortly after, leaving the three of us in the silence.

Just as Julian was about to speak up, a tiny knock resounded throughout the room. I had a feeling I knew who it was, so I got up from my spot on the couch and opened the door.

On the other side was Noah. His beautiful eyes were red, tears streaming down his rosy cheeks.

"Noah, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I knelt down on one knee so I could be closer to his height.