Fall Into a Routine

Sitting in a hidden level just above the Hokage's office, Naruto watched as Hashirama went through various forms. Despite it being uneventful since there was nothing but paperwork going on, he did not waver in his duty. It was his sole responsibility, to protect the Hokage from any threat, from outside or even within the village. The return was simple enough, a meeting was held with the clan heads to inform them of how the discussion with the Daimyo went. Construction of all major points of interest was just about complete. There was still minor things that the civilian sector was working on such as their businesses. Some construction was still going on for the clan compounds but for the most part, the major requirements were taken care of.  It had been two weeks since that meeting with the Daimyo.

Naruto heard the knock at the door and leaned forward. The floor was really a one way window of sorts. It looked like a ceiling from below but in his position, he could see through it. There were several hidden trap doors to be able to drop down into various points of the office. Shikazu walked in and bowed.

"Ah what can I do for you, Shikazu?" Hashirama said with a smile as he looked up from the recent document.

"I was just here to tell you that my clan has noticed an herb that could potentially boost our current medicinal developments."

"Oh? That's good."

"The issue is that we haven't seen it in abundance. We are unsure of how we should go about growing it because our lands aren't the best for it, the deer may eat it by accident." Shikazu said rubbing his neck.

"Hmm...maybe we should make a plot of land just for special herbs." Making a sign, Naruto dropped down on a knee.

"Lord." He said head bowed.

"Could you bring me Tobirama and Idachi."

"It will be done." Naruto blurred away making Hashirama smile.

"He seems to be doing his job without any issue. Is that really the case?" Shikazu asked looking where Naruto previously was.

"Yes...I often forget he's even there sometimes. He's never complained nor wavered."

Shikazu nodded. "Well, then perhaps he really is ideal for the job. Still, it could be such a drag. Will he be taking missions?"

"Only when I feel he's the best for the job."

Nodding Shikazu placed his hands in his pockets. "Have you heard? About the other countries trying to form villages like ours."

Hashirama nodded. "Yes, I wanted to look into it but...I don't know who to send right now. We've been measuring everyone's skills but I still don't know who's best."

Shikazu brought his right hand from his pocket up to his chin. "Hmm, how about Naruto? You said you often forget his presence, which means that no one would be able to sense him unless he wishes. The only ones who would be able would need to be at the level of sensory as you or Lady Tobirama."

Hashirama nodded. It sounded like a good idea. Closing his eyes he frowned, he didn't like the way this could turn out. Information was necessary though, that was half the battle. Besides, knowing the states of these villages would allow him to potentially better negotiate peace should it come to that. After the discussion over where the land for growing these medicinal herbs could be allocated, Hashirama was left with Tobirama in the office.

Making a sign, Naruto appeared kneeling with his head bowed. "Lord."

"Naruto, I have an important mission for you. Secrecy is the utmost importance." Naruto made no move and he nursed his temples. "The other major countries have began forming villages like ours. I need you to go in, get an idea of their current states. Then report back. Do not be found out...if it's necessary...eliminate any witnesses."