Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Chapter 1

Anya was going to ruin her life by fucking the woman in this bar, she just didn't know it yet

Even just sitting there beside her, she wasn't sure the woman had given her a real name. She wasn't sure she cared either.

The only thing she knew for sure was that the woman next to her was very beautiful.

She was petite, with brown skin and curly brown hair. There was a vague constellation of freckles across her button nose that was visible even through her makeup, and there was mauve pink lipstick on her full lips. Long lashes fluttered against shimmering eyelids when she laughed. The sound was delicate and enchanting.

She wore a silky red dress that dipped low in the back, just barely making it down to her mid-thigh. Black heels with thin straps clicked against the legs of her chair when she crossed her ankles. She looked like the type of woman who would make thousands of dollars a month just being a hot person on social media.

When Anya downloaded her third dating app of the month, she hadn't expected to match with someone so ethereal so quickly, and now, sitting in this upscale Atlanta bar, she didn't want to blow it.

She was going to impress this woman, no matter what it took.

As Anya spoke, the woman listened intently, her hazel eyes glittering in the dim lighting. Her gaze quickly darted across Anya's body. She had to admit, it felt nice to be admired. To be looked at like she was something good; something worthy of affection.

"I noticed you're staring at my hands." Anya gave the woman a smile and slid her hand across the smooth marble of the bar. She stopped just short of actually making contact and left it there, an invitation of sorts.

"I like your rings," the woman said, a faint blush creeping up on her cheeks.

With what seemed to be a great deal of uncertainty, the woman reached over and ran the tips of her fingers over the red stone in the center of one of her rings. Their skin made the briefest and faintest contact.

The pads of her fingers were cold and more calloused than Anya had been expecting. She seemed so...soft.

"Thank you," Anya said. "I got them from my job."

The woman tilted her head to the side, her dark curls bouncing with the motion. She pulled her hand away and Anya did her best to rein in her disappointment.

"Your job? Are you a jeweler or something?"

Anya let an amused smile slip. "Not exactly."

"Oh. Well, what do you do for work?"

"What do you do for work?" Anya asked before the woman could further interrogate her about her own occupation.

It wasn't exactly first date talk, after all. The type of things she was involved in...most people wouldn't be okay with them. She didn't want to scare the woman away.