Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Chapter 6

When Anya made her way back into the living room, Selené was sitting on the couch, posed and pretty

When Anya made her way back into the living room, Selené was sitting on the couch, posed and pretty. It seemed she had gone to great lengths to look attractive for her, having done her hair and makeup. She wore a thin, satin camisole, her nipples clearly visible beneath the lightweight fabric.

When she noticed Anya staring, she gave her a bubbly smile and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"So why are you, uh, here?" Selené asked.

Anya tried to bite back everything she wanted to say and be professional instead.

"Just keeping an eye on you," she said, stepping around her.

"But why?" Selené pressed.

Anya shrugged. "Trey wanted me to. I assume he had a good reason."

"Trey must trust you a lot to leave you alone with me. He never lets me see anyone."

Anya shifted from foot to foot. "He has a good reason for that too."

She turned to leave, dedicated to separating herself before Selené could try anything else to charm her.

"Wait! Do you have the keys to the cabinets? Did he leave them with you?" Selené asked.

Anya blinked. It seemed like a strange question. "Yes, actually— He gave me a lot of keys. I didn't know they were for cabinets."

"Can you make me some lunch?" Selené asked, gazing up at her from under her lashes.

Anya rolled her eyes, thinking of what Trey had told her. Give her anything she wants. It was safer to make Selené lunch than give into the other thing she wanted—her.

Decision made, Anya pulled the keys off her belt. She fumbled through them as Selené practically vibrated next to her.

"Why are the cabinets locked anyway?" she mumbled.

Selené's excited vibrating halted.

"Because I pissed him off a few months ago," she said, frowning. "Now make me some lunch, please."

Anya stopped flipping through the keys, her gaze cutting over to the young woman. "What?"

Selené was already walking away from her, into the kitchen. "I said make me some lunch."

Anya decided not to question her further as she pulled out the keys and followed behind her. Selené watched her carefully as she unlocked the cabinets and glanced inside. While they were fully stocked with several things, it didn't look like much of the packaging had been opened. Some of the canned goods even had a light layer of dust across the top.

"What do you want?" Anya asked.

"Oh! Um, I want avocado toast, with sriracha and a fried egg on top. If all of that stuff is in there. I'm going to be honest. I don't have a clue what's in those cabinets."