Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

Chapter 8

Selené felt her heart race at the sound of Anya's voice

Selené felt her heart race at the sound of Anya's voice. She knew she shouldn't have felt so genuinely excited to hear her, but she couldn't hold it back. She liked being around Anya.

Still, she tried to keep her voice as even as possible when she responded.

"Yeah?" Selené said through the door.

"Trey wanted me to make sure that you were okay," Anya said.

Selené tilted her head back as she tried to think of something to say to her. Of course she wanted to see her, but what could she say to her with so many people around? It was already hard enough to not do anything to let Trey on about what was going on.

"I can leave if you want," Anya said when she failed to respond. "Just let me know what to tell Trey."

Selené sighed and stood up, her hand hovering over the lock for a moment before she finally gave in and flipped it up.

"You can come in here, but I'm fine."

Anya walked inside and gently shut the door behind herself, flipping the lock back down. For a quiet moment, Anya looked her up and down. Selené stared back, blinking uncertainly up at her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she said quietly.

"I said I was fine."

Anya gave her a curt nod.

"Okay..."

Anya moved to leave, her hand lingering on the doorknob. Selené didn't want her to leave. She rocked back and forth on her heels and bit her lip as she tried to think of something to say to get her to stay, something that would really get under her skin.

"Wait," Selené said.

Anya pulled her hand away, back to her side and glanced back up at her.

"Yeah?"

"My strings came untied," Selené said, jerking her head towards where her dress drooped away from her body. "Will you tie them for me?"

There was another moment of quiet, and Selené swore Anya was trying to think of reasons to tell her no. Eventually, Anya gave her a small nod.

"Sure," she said.

Selené turned around, her elbows on the vanity counter as she leaned forward. Her head was already dizzy with excitement at the thought of feeling Anya's touch, even in such a simple way.

Selené tried to hide the giddy giggle that bubbled up on her throat as she felt the warm tips of Anya's fingers skim against the exposed skin of her back as she started to lace her dress back up. She wanted to look up in the mirror and see if she could read Anya's face, but she found herself too nervous, like a teenager with a crush.

"You straightened your hair," Anya said after a moment. The last word was accentuated with a harsh tug on the strings.

"Yeah. I do, sometimes," Selené said. "Trey likes it like that."