20. 211 Degrees Fahrenheit

"Your honor- listen to me."

Jisung turned abruptly around to face Jisung, still holding his sword in his hand. "And pray, do tell me, Nakamoto Yuta, do you want me to listen to you about?"

Hendery, having no idea why Jisung was coming at him with sword in hand, put his hand over his own sword as well. "Yangyang," he harshly whispered. "Get behind me."

Yangyang obeyed immediately, standing right behind Hendery, who reach out with his free hand to grab firmly onto Yangyang's wrist.

"Tell your father the King to forgive me for what I'm about to do," Yuta mumbled.

Jisung scoffed, rolling his eyes. "And what would that be?"

Yuta grabbed onto Jisung's shoulders tightly, shaking him until Jisung made eye contact with him. "Now listen here, you fucking idiot," Yuta whispered, now his turn to have a murderous glare on his face. "We may have different opinions on different topics but I am one hundred percent right when I tell you that that was not the Chinese guard and you are not going to ruin the one chance the two kingdoms have of having an amicable friendship with each other and eliminate any threat of war."

Jisung's eyes widened at Yuta's outburst, not even fighting to get out of the older's grasp. Yuta has never, never, grabbed Jisung against his will, much less yell at him. Despite the amount of respect Jisung had for him, Yuta always reminded him that was always going to be lower than Jisung in terms of position, and he was to obey the other's every command while protecting his life in the process.

"Yuta," Jisung said. "Why were they wearing the uniforms of the Chinese guard, then?"

Hendery, who along with Yangyang had been listening to the whole conversation, stared at Jisung in shock. "What Chinese guard are you guys talking about?"

"Your honor." Yuta dragged Jisung behind him, hoping the latter would keep his mouth shut. "There was an incident when Jisung was on his walk earlier-"

"Wait a minute." Yangyang let go of Hendery's hand, confusing the latter as he took a step forward. "Where's Chen Le?"

Jisung and Yuta stared at each other, the two of them hesitating.

"Prince Hendery. There were men wearing uniform of the Chinese guard who attacked us," Jisung said finally.

Both Hendery and Yangyang's eyes widened, but it was Yangyang who immediately started screaming. "WHAT?!"

"I- that's impossible," Hendery muttered. "I- those were not my people, I swear-"

"They weren't." Yuta put his hand on Jisung's shoulder again, spinning him around. "Did you not recognize a single face fighting us?"

Jisung frowned. Why was Yuta so adamant about being right? "Why would I waste my time over trivial matters like recognizing their faces when they were attempting to hurt us-"

"WHERE IS CHEN LE?" Yangyang yelled again, interrupting the two of them."

Jisung pointed at Xiaojun's house behind them. "He's asleep in there-"

Not even letting him finish, Yangyang ran away from them, heading towards the house screaming for Chen Le.

"Is he alright?" Hendery asked.

"He hit his head and was knocked unconscious," Jisung explained, wincing at the thought of the memory earlier.

Jisung had been fighting, swearing to himself up and down that Chen Le wouldn't get injured. One of the men had ran towards Chen Le with a sword, and Jisung barely managed to kick Chen Le away, barely avoiding getting stabbed.