2. Model TY

Sorry for updating 2 chapters at once but i wanted to give you guys some background

The royal adviser, Lee-eun, was getting impatient waiting for Jung Jaehyun, the royal scientist.

He had sent him a secret project for him to work on ages ago, and Jaehyun had promised to show him progress today. However, he was waiting for Jaehyun at his lab and he was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe he's probably running a few errands, sir, you know how busy that fellow can be," his assistant, Jeno, reminded him.

"He promised to show me the prototypes today and I do not have time to be wasted!" Lee-eun yelled at him, hitting him with his clipboard. Jeno raised a hand to touch his face and winced at how sore it had gotten. "You fool. You don't know anything about professionalism-"

The door to the lab suddenly opened, Jaehyun looking startled at the two. "Hello, Sir, why didn't you informed me that you were present?" he asked.

Lee-eun looked like he wanted to blow a fuse, yet his voice remained stable. "Why, we did, sir, we knocked on your door plentiful of times!"

Jaehyun shook his head. "You're supposed to ring the doorbell," he said, pointing to a small circle next to the door. "I can't hear anyone knocking from inside."

Jaehyun opened the door wider and went inside, making Lee-eun and Jeno follow him in. They passed through the small foyer and were faced with the sight of the entire lab inside.

The whole room had white walls and was well-organized (definitely more organized than usual – Jaehyun was a scientist, he was always messy.) There were many sets of lab tables with different inventions and samples on them, and the main desk was covered with stacks of books and papers.

Near the front of the room, next to the chalkboard, was a small wooden table with four sets of chairs around it. One of the chairs was inhabited by a man, with red hair and a slit on their eyebrow. They didn't speak at all, instead, hands folded on their lap and staring intently at the newcomers.

"My, I didn't know you replaced your student," Lee-eun said. "Although it was to be expected, he was tough to handle."

"Jaemin?" Jaehyun asked. "Nah, he's not fired, he just went to get some supplies for me. This," he motioned to the man sitting, who had yet to make a commotion. "is Taeyong."

Having finally been introduced, Taeyong bowed down his head in respect. "Pleasure to be acquainted," he said.

"I hope you finally had made progress on what you've been assigned," Lee-eun reminded Jaehyun. "You have been working on them, have you?"

Jaehyun wanted to laugh. "Sir, you're looking at him."

"Wait, excuse me?"

"Yes, he's one of the five prototypes," Jaehyun reassured him. "Known as the TY model, but that can be a handful so I call him Taeyong for short."

Lee-eun walked closer to Taeyong and gave him a look-over. "So you can control him?"

"I mean, yeah, but he's in his normal mode right now," Jaehyun said. "Follow me."

Jaehyun took them to one of the doors in the lab and keyed in his pass code and fingerprint, which allowed him access.

The room was much smaller than the main room of the lab, but the sight of this one was much more surprising. For there in the back of the room, were five tanks, four of them being occupied each by someone in an unconscious state.

"These are known as models K, R, L, and M," Jaehyun said, pointing to each one respectively. "And Taeyong is model TY. So far, Taeyong has been passing all the tests but I have yet to wake up the other models from their state."