3. Surprises

Today was the big day!

After a few weeks, Johnny had finally, finally, caved in to Donghyuck's demand (with help of Doyoung nagging Johnny, of course). So now, Johnny was finally going to let Donghyuck take a visit to the palace.

It wasn't because it was full of money and important people and expensive stuff, no no, although that would be cool to see too. No, Donghyuck's main reason to visit –

It was big.

That was about it.

He had always loved exploring ever since he could remember, but of course, he had been stuck inside for far too long. It was pretty boring staying cooped up all day, alone in the apartment, and how he so longed to be able to run through long corridors, cobblestones, pathways in the forest, being able to listen to many noises and sounds at once and being presented with many options on where to turn. Not like their apartment where you could find Johnny's socks every five seconds.

Donghyuck had only been to the forest once in his life, and it had been a life-changing experience for him. Granted, he was only seven during that time, but it had not only been with Johnny, but also their two parents.

It had been one of the happiest memories that Donghyuck had ever had, and he hasn't had a memory like that for a few years now.

Until today. Yes, today would become a very happy memory for him.

He jumped out of bed, not even bothering to put on his slippers as he marched out of his room and rapidly knocked on Johnny's bedroom door. "Johnny!! Johnny Johnny Johnny wake up!! Johnny!!"

He didn't hear any commotion happening inside, so he turned the knob, delighted that it wasn't locked – Johnny never locked his door, but those rare moments when he did lock it, Donghyuck could swear he could hear someone leave the apartment in the morning. Why Johnny would let people sleepover and not tell Donghyuck, he had no clue, but his brother wasn't as smart as he thought he was.

He opened the door and launched himself onto the bed, not caring that there was someone beneath him. "Wake up!! Johnny!!"

Johnny immediately yelped in response, scrambling to get off the bed. "WHAT THE FUCK?!!?" he yelled, pushing Donghyuck onto the ground.

Ignoring the fact that his brother said a bad word, Donghyuck yelled when his head fell on the floor. "Ow, why did you push me?!" He yelled at his older brother.

"I think you broke a rib!" Johnny yelled. "What's got you throwing yourself onto my bed so early?"

Donghyuck pouted. "You promised to take me to the palace today," he whined.

"It's seven in the morning!! I promised to take you at noon!"

Donghyuck squinted his eyes and glared at Johnny. "Right that it doesn't feel good to wake up so early? Right Johnny? Right?"

Johnny was taken aback. What the hell was his brother talking about? "What are you referring to?"

"Remember when you started cleaning the house before the freaking crack of dawn all those weeks ago?!" Donghyuck screeched. "Plus I wanna go now~."

Johnny really wanted to go back to sleep, but when he remembered that he could see a certain someone, he forced himself to get out of bed. "If you broke my spine, I'm kicking you out."

***

Jaemin entered the lab, balancing three containers of cake and one of cookies in his hands. "Are you sure it's a good idea to turn them all one?" he asked Jaehyun. "What if they suddenly decided to overthrow us?"