7. Just A Small Town Boy

"So let me get this straight," Xiaojun said. "You work at the palace and during the attack, this... guy tried to kill your brother."

"Look at him," Johnny said, pointing at Donghyuck. "This happened twice, can you imagine how traumatized Donghyuck must be?!"

Donghyuck, in question, was eating another block of cheese in the living room, reading a newspaper that Xiaojun had laying around.

Xiaojun rubbed his eyes aggressively, not believing that an old classmate had come to him for help. He didn't know anything, all he did was tend his garden, sell some stuff here and there, and spend time with Kun, who he has known for over a month. "So you want me to find out what this thing is and discover why he's after your brother."

"Precisely," Johnny concluded.

Sighing, Xiaojun got up from his kitchen chair and walked towards the tied-up assassin, who was now unconscious again. His head was on the wall, his body slouching, as he slept. Xiaojun would have thought he was dead, but apparently he was when he interrupted everyone and Johnny beat his head with a frying pan again. "I mean, he looks normal-"

"He's not, though." Johnny grabbed his satchel and pulled out a piece of cloth, unwrapping it to reveal the broken electronic panel that had come out of the man. "When I stabbed his back-"

"You STABBED him?!" Xiaojun screamed.

"He was killing Donghyuck, I had to do something!" Johnny pulled out the metal plate thing and lifted it higher for Xiaojun to see. "This was on his back, and there were sparks flying and all that shit."

Xiaojun came closer to Johnny, picking up the metal. "Maybe he's a robot?"

"No way, he has blood-"

"I don't recommend you guys pry into this."

Both Xiaojun and Johnny looked at Kun, who had been sitting at the table the entire time in silence. "Why not?" Xiaojun asked him.

Kun pointed at the newspaper Donghyuck was reading. "Not sure if you guys know, but others were attacking the palace as well. It must be an organized group and you might get hurt if you try to search for more information-"

"Kun, you know I would agree with you, but they were already attacking Donghyuck here," Xiaojun argued. "They're already targets, something has to be done-"

"Don't do it," Kun insisted. "Let this person go and-"

"With all due respect, Kun, he tried to kill my brother, he's not going anyway," Johnny interrupted. "I'm going to get all the information I can and deal with this problem myself, I don't give a fuck if those people were after the royal family, I am going to make sure they get what they deserve."

Kun abruptly stood up from the table, not breaking eye contact with Johnny. "I'm advising you not to do it-"

"What is up with you today, Kun?" Xiaojun asked him. "You always tell me to stick up for myself, but now you don't want these people to?"

"You don't know what you're getting into," Kun continued. "Just let the matter go."

Xiaojun crossed his arms across his chest. "Kun, what are you hiding?"

"N-nothing," Kun stuttered. He then started speaking to Xiaojun in Mandarin, making Johnny have no clue what they were now discussing about.

He looked at his brother, who was calmly reading the newspaper. Johnny had kept so many secrets from him, not wanting to worry Donghyuck, and he was not going to let Donghyuck get involved either in order for him not to get hurt.