6. The Countryside

"We have to leave, Yangyang," Chen Le said in their native tongue, pulling his friend's arm away from the alley where they usually slept. "People are going to find out about us soon."

"But-but I like it here," Yangyang argued, trying to get out of Chen Le's grasp. "I don't want to leave."

"If we stay, we are most likely going to be beheaded," Chen Le harshly whispered to him. "They're going to blame us, this is why I told you we shouldn't have gone inside the palace."

"But Prince Jisung, though." Yangyang let go of Chen Le and crossed his arms. "You don't even care about the royal family and you got to talk to him."

"Only because you fainted, idiot!" Chen Le shouted. He pointed across the bustling road, where there were masses of people. "Do you see that cart there? We should get on it."

"Why that one, though?" Yangyang asked, nervous. "I don't want to leave-"

"I heard people saying that one is going to the countryside, now let's go." Chen Le grabbed Yangyang's arm again and pulled him forward, thankful that no one paying attention to them as they were merely two more peasants.

When they reached the cart, there was a young teen sitting at the front wrapped in a blanket turned away from them. They didn't see anyone else nearby. "Okay, you go in first," Chen Le said, lifting up the tarp and pushing Yangyang. "Go."

"What if we get caught?" Yangyang asked. "I don't want-"

"Why didn't you ask yourself that when we trespassed you-know-what, now get in!!"

***

"I hope you guys stay safe," Doyoung told Johnny, handing him a sack of flour for the Seo brothers to take on their trip. "I'm going to miss seeing Donghyuck-"

"Yeah, we're gonna go by different names there, so..." Johnny made the zipping up his lips motion. "I'm Youngho from now on."

"Well, that's stupid, but okay I guess. Tell your brother Haechan that I'm going to miss him." Doyoung pointed at Donghyuck, who was sitting at the front of the cart, wrapped in a blanket. "He owes me aegyo."

"Of course he does, yo, Haechan!" Johnny yelled. Donghyuck didn't pay him any attention though. "He's not used to it, never mind."

"Youngho is a stupid fake name to go by, but go off I guess." Doyoung walked to the front of the cart, waving his hand in front of Donghyuck. "Hey, you still owe me my aegyo."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "I don't like aegyo."

Johnny lifted the tarp and put the sack of flour near the ending, not even looking underneath it. It was getting bumpy, not to mention they had a dead body in there. "We'll be back as soon as possible."

"Yeah, yeah, just don't die," Doyoung reminded him. It was disappointing that Johnny still needed reminders like this. "I'll let your "friend" Ten know where you're going-"

"Why is he emphasizing the friend part?" Donghyuck asked Johnny, who pulled himself up to sit next to Donghyuck.

"At least I'm not in love with some bakery boy," Johnny said, rolling his eyes while grabbing the reins from the horse.

Doyoung's face turned red. "I'm not in love with him."

"Sure you aren't." Johnny gave Doyoung a farewell salute. "See you later bud."

***

The trip to the countryside was a pretty exhausting one.

Xiaojun lived near the borders between the Kingdom of Korea and the Kingdom of China, which was a good four hour trip from Neo City. A lot of Koreans and Chinese citizens mingled with each other there, so Johnny would have no problem giving them fake identities in order to not track him and Donghyuck down.