8. It Speaks

Mark woke up disoriented.

He had no idea where he was at, but one quick search of the gps in his head let him know that he was in the small town of SM, near the borders of the Korea and China kingdom.

He also felt something in his back missing, and it didn't take a genius to figure out that the control panel was ripped out from him.

Interesting.

Mark opened his eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the light in the room. And that's how he discovered a young boy with messy brown-orange hair looking back at him.

Startled, Mark tried to scoot back, only to realize he was sitting against some sort of wall. While tied up. Clearly something had happened while he was under control.

The royal scientist Jaehyun had designed for the memories of being controlled to be stored in the control panel, while their normal memories were stored in their brain like normal humans. And with his control panel done, Mark couldn't remember what events could have led up to this; the last thing he remembered was being awakened in the lab along with the other models being called Minhyung, though he had a faint memory of someone calling him Mark.

Wait, but he was also Model M.... what was his name again?

The boy in front of him got surprised at Mark getting awake, but didn't show any signs of fear or confusion, instead staring at Mark with his golden eyes which appeared to have flecks in them.

His skin was tanned, contrasting his light, pink lips which were being hit with the sunlight in the room. He looked young, Mark realized, maybe the same age Mark would be if he were born as a normal human.

"You're awake," the boy murmured in Korean, still staring straight into Mark's eyes, not breaking eye contact. "Woah."

"Donghyuck, GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Mark looked to see a taller man stand behind the boy in front of him, a frying pan in his hand. "And YOU! Don't even think about touching him-"

"Johnny, can you just shut up," the boy named Donghyuck said, looking at the man behind him. "Put that frying pan down, please, you exaggerate."

"I'm sorry, did he not try to kill you TWICE?!" Johnny yelled at him.

Donghyuck shrugged, turning back to stare at Mark. "Death is inevitable and I want a grilled cheese."

Johnny walked away, shouting some obscenities under his breath. "What an oddball of a brother."

"You said he's a robot, he's going to be cool!" Donghyuck yelled at Johnny, sighing. "Ignore my brother, he's just overprotective."

Mark stared at him wide-eyed ,nodding along. "Sure."

"Woah, you can talk!" Donghyuck exclaimed, grinning. "A robot who can talk!"

"I'm not a robot, I'm Model M," Mark explained to him. "But my unofficial name given to me is Minhyung."

"Oh, I forgot you probably had a name, oops." Donghyuck smiled. "I didn't know your name so I've been calling you Mark, I know it might not be a scary name for an assassin but-"

"Wait, assassin?" Mark asked, confused. "Why would I be an assassin?"

Donghyuck frowned. "Uh... did you get amnesia or something?"

Mark shook his head. "I have no memories when I'm controlled."

"Controlled? Johnny, Mark says he's been controlled!!" Donghyuck yelled out to the one he called brother. "What do you mean you've been controlled?" he asked Mark.