10. SM Town is Kind of Crowded

Prince Hendery set an unconscious Yangyang down on the porch, taking off his jacket (why do nobles want to be extra and wear a jacket in the heat?? Chen Le had no clue) and setting it under Yangyang's as a sort of makeshift pillow.

Chen Le watching the whole ordeal, trying to think. If he had a gold piece every time Yangyang fainted in front of royalty, he would have two gold pieces. Not a lot, but weird considering how it happened twice, first with Prince Jisung and now with Prince Hendery.

Hopefully this wasn't going to be a habit.

Hendery reached out to grab Yangyang's hair but pulled back, stepping backwards. "I hope you friend gets better," he told Chen Le, bowing. "He must have had quite a shock from falling."

"He falls all the time, I wouldn't be worried," Chen Le said. "But thanks for rescuing him, Yangyang can be a bit... clumsy, I supposed," he trailed off.

Hendery continued staring at Yangyang until sigh, glancing at the sky above. "Must be hot back in the main city," he said to himself. "You guys are Chinese, do you guys want a ride back to the Kingdom? I'm on my way back after having met the royal family here."

Chen Le shook his head. "We don't live in China, we live here," he said, "Thanks for the offer, but we're fine."

"Chinese living in the Kingdom of Korea, that's odd," Hendery mumbled. "Why do you guys live out here? Family? A lover?"

"Orphans," Chen Le flat out said. "In China we were kicked out of the orphanages."

Hendery's eyes widened. "That- that's not true, the King- my father gives them money to make sure each child is taken care of."

Chen Le shrugged. "It was a long time ago, and people always lie."

"I- that can't be possible," Hendery started muttering to himself.

Chen Le sat down next to a fainted Yangyang, who was starting to stir in his sleep. "We live in the Kingdom of Korea now, so don't think too much about it."

Hendery shook his head, still talking to himself when a realization struck him.

He turned to look at Chen Le, pointing at him. "You're the one who trespassed the palance," he said, proving himself to be correct when Chen Le's eyes widened. "Yes, you and your friend here, Prince Jisung told me."

"That little- I mean tall- I mean, uh, your highness, why did he mention that in passing?" Chen Le asked, forcing himself to speak more formally. Last thing he needed was for nobles like him to continue thinking stereotypes of peasants being uneducated, even though Chen Le and Yangyang never even finished elementary.

"Surely you've heard of the incident regarding the Korean royal family?" Hendery explained. "The assassination attempt on them, they're trying to find the culprits and-"

"Let me guess, they think we're suspects?!" Chen Le screamed at him, not caring if he was a prince or not. Why should that matter to him anyway? "Tell this Jisung that we have nothing to do with it, Yangyang just wanted to see the goddamn castle that you rich people always hide yourselves into, and leave us alone."

Chen Le shook Yangyang's shoulders, trying to awaken him from his slumber. "Yangyang, get up, we have to do the crops soon-"

"I don't mean any harm," Hendery said, trying to explain himself. "That's just how I heard of you and your friends name-"

"I'm even surprised he remembered it," Chen Le said, finally hearing a groan from Yangyang. "Wake up, I told you not to climb that tree and you didn't listen to me."