9. Big Arrivals

"Your prototypes are a failure, I tell you," Lee-eun said, scolding Jaehyun. "You gave them one order, ONE, and they couldn't even do anything. Have you even managed to find their whereabouts?"

Jaehyun glared at Lee-eun, arms crossed in front of them. "Sometimes when you make something perform a task that wasn't there initial purpose, there's going to be room for trial and error," he said, looking at Renjun and Taeyong, who were looking at the ground, silent. "You know I didn't created them to hurt others-"

"But you said they were capable of many things," Lee-eun argued. "Only one of the models managed to kill some people but the other three? Pathetic."

"Oh, yeah? I'll like to see you make humans from scratch, cause you're not going to get it from having a woman-"

Lee-eun took out his sword and held it under Jaehyun's chin, the blade almost slicing the skin. "I can throw you in for treason whenever I want, so don't test me, Sir Jung, now tell me, where are the other two?"

Taeyong stepped forward. "We have an insider who found their location but said their on the move," he lied to Lee-eun, forcing himself to look at him in the eye. "Jaehyun is doing all his best."

Lee-eun stared at him for a good few seconds before lowering the blade from Jaehyun's neck, motioning his guards to leave with him. "You have five days to give me that location," Lee-eun warned him, heading out the door. "Or it's off with your head."

He left the lab, his guards closely behind him. Jaemin rushed to close the door after him, breathing heavily. "Sir what are we going to do-"

Jaehyun looked at Taeyong, fists balled in anger. "Why would you say that?!" he yelled at him, swiping all of the papers and machinery on the table to the floor. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"I- he was going to hurt you, sir," Taeyong explained, his arms and lips trembling. "I couldn't- I really tried to-"

"You really thought he was going to do something to me?!" Jaehyun shrieked.

Jaemin dove to the floor, hastily trying to pick up the papers that Jaehyun had dropped. "Sir, maybe we can finish it by that date-"

"No, you guys don't understand, he's going to try to kill people and I'll take all the responsibility!" Jaehyun yelled at the three of them. "Do you guys not see what type of problem we have here?"

Renjun glared at Jaehyun, balled fists at his side. "If we're such a burden to you, then just fucking destroy us then," he sneered at him. "It's not like we'll ever be considered your equal anyways."

He marched out of the room into the smaller lab room where their tubes are, shutting the door behind him despite Jaemin running after him, leaving Taeyong and Jaehyun alone.

Taeyong bent down and picked up the papers silently, stacking them into neat piles when Jaehyun called out to him.

"Hey, um, I'm sorry," Jaehyun started, scratching the back of his head. "I forgot you guys still have yet to understand social cues, and-"

"I promise to be more obedient sir," Taeyong said, setting the papers on the desk as he set to pick up the metal scraps. "And to not get involved in your personal matters."

***

Donghyuck woke up early in the morning, and when he got out of the guest room, Johnny still snoring on the bed, he noticed the house was pretty silent as well.

He stepped out into the hallway slowly, yawning. Hopefully he didn't make too much noise and disrupt the... how many people were in this house again?