1. The Seo Brothers

Johnny was somewhat of an oddball, in Donghyuck's opinion.

His brother was only older than him by two years, but Johnny's height, appearance, and overprotective personality has made him come off as older. Some people have even congratulated him on looking so young while being a single father.

Come on, Johnny didn't look that old. But no matter, people always treated Donghyuck as some cute thing, a younger ball of fluff that must instantly display aegyo on command. Which is exactly what Doyoung was doing to him right now.

While Johnny did his job at the palace, Donghyuck was under the watchful eye of Doyoung, Johnny's friend since they were schoolmates. Doyoung mostly did homework in the living room, letting Donghyuck do his shenanigans like usual in the apartment, only alone this time.

Donghyuck had asked Johnny why he needed someone to take care of him while Johnny worked. It has always been like this; Johnny had slaved away doing part time jobs while finishing preparatory school but yet wouldn't leave Donghyuck alone. Even though Donghyuck was now sixteen, just like Johnny two years ago, Johnny still wouldn't let him get a job and insisted he must be under watch.

It's not that Johnny thought that Donghyuck couldn't defend himself; he could. The two would playfully wrestle with each other all the time, and Donghyuck could throw a nasty punch. However, since Johnny now worked at the palace, there would be some enemies against him and might do something to Donghyuck. This happened a year before Johnny worked, where apparently someone found out some workers in the palace and murdered them in their home.

Well, it's a good thing Doyoung was taking care of him. Doyoung could stare at someone until they died.

Now, though, Doyoung was staring at Donghyuck, waiting for the other to do some shit, like puff his cheeks and smile.

"Please, Donghyuck, you never smile around me," Doyoung pouted. "You got to do something."

"How about no." Donghyuck reached over for the screwdriver and tightened the screw on the little contraption he was building. Donghyuck knew nothing about building, but for his birthday, Johnny had bought him some kits on how to build certain stuff. The one he was currently doing was a small robot; Johnny would be sad if Donghyuck finished it without him, so he wasn't going to complete all the steps just yet.

"Fine, it's your facial features, your choice." Doyoung put his books aside (he actually managed to get into the university; he was really smart) and got up, heading to the kitchen. "Do you want dinner or is it a no?"

"Maybe later." Donghyuck stuck his tongue out, staring intently at the next piece he was trying to add. He wasn't even paying attention to Doyoung. "I'll wait 'till Johnny comes back."

Doyoung sighed. "He's probably working late again, you know."

"Well, I'll just have to sleep late I guess," Donghyuck said. "This wiring is going to take a while."

"Well, I'm stealing your bread loaves, for your information." Doyoung got up from his spot of the couch and headed straight to the kitchen, rummaging through the bread cabinet. "Why are there only bagels?"

"They were on sale," was the only thing Donghyuck said while he worked on another screw. A lot of the screws were tiny and thin, so it was a lot of work to hold them steady.

Doyoung shrugged, grabbing one that appeared to have dehydrated berries in it, taking a bite as he opened the ice box and grabbed a milk bottle. "Do you want milk? It's about to expire soon."

Donghyuck shook his head. "I don't eat or drink when I'm making stuff, the last thing I need is to electrocute myself."

Doyoung sat back down on the couch, taking a sip of the milk. "Okay, what do I have to do to make you do aegyo?"