chapter twenty-two

Emmett

....

I suddenly woke after feeling my body jump. At first, I lazily opened my eyes, then I closed them after a bright light stung my eyeballs. After I rubbed my eyes a bit I tried again, this time succeeding. My heart dropped after looking around a bit. My brain couldn't process just what the fuck was going on. Before I knew it beside me I see Sam on his phone. Maybe he felt my stare because he looks up at me and smiles before sitting up and speaking, "Mom I think the speed bump woke the baby up" I turned to the direction he was speaking, and the two seats in front of me were Autumn and David. It was then that I finally began to make sense of what was happening. I was buckled into this damn car seat again. Autumn turned to look at me and then smiled, "Looks like my precious baby has finally woken up." She said this with a twinkle in her eyes. Looking back at Sam she spoke again, " Well good thing he's up, I was about ready to wake him up myself and get him to eat. Can't have him sleeping all day. Do me a favor and dig in his bag and get his bottle. Feel if it's still warm enough to drink." I turned and watched Sam dig into the baby bag near his feet pulling out a bottle. He tipped it over and put a bit of milk onto his wrist before speaking back to his Mom, "Yep it's just perfect." She took it and checked it herself just in case before handing it back to Sam, "okay could you do me another favor and feed your baby brother for me, he needs something in his stomach and we're not stopping the car till the next rest stop." Sam smiled nodding his head in understanding. "On it Mom.", he saluted her. Putting his phone aside and unbuckling his seat belt he inched towards me. After all the spacing out I snapped back into reality and began squirming in my seat and trying to undo the car seat straps and failing. Sam was hovering above me with the bottle inching closer and I watched as the bottle got closer and closer, and when it was right above my lips I made sure to tighten my mouth close. He poked the nipple at my mouth but I shook my head trying to shake him off. Sam looked at me concerned and spoke, "Come on Emmitt you need something in your stomach so you don't get sick, can you please open up for me?" I glared at him and shook my head no, he spoke again, "Please~ for your big brother hmm?" I looked at him incredulously and scoffed. Big brother my ass. He either didn't seem to notice or didn't care, he just sighed and looked towards his Mom for help but instead of his Mom saying something I heard David speak with an authoritative tone, Emmitt, drink. If you don't and I have to pull this car over and feed you myself, you're going to be in big trouble when we get to our destination. Do you hear me? Drink." He didn't expect a reply just compliant. I hated that tone, it scared me down to my bones. I didn't want another spanking. I watched Sam as he put on a reassuring smile and brought the bottle to my lips again, this time I timidly accepted the bottle and latched the nipple into my mouth, and began suckling the gross milk as quickly as I could. I felt annoyed every time Sam pulled the bottle out of my mouth from time to time. He kept telling me to slow down but I just glared at him until he put the nipple back in my mouth just to pull it away again later and repeat the same sentence. So irritating.

When I finally finished Sam looked at me with very proud eyes. I just turned away frustrated. But then to my surprise in just a second the car seat was unbuckled and as I sat there Sam pulled my back from the seat. He held a white cloth to my mouth while his arm leaned against my chest to keep me at a steady angle and his other hand started firmly patting my back. I was very uncomfortable and stupefied until finally, I let out a quiet burp. Sam then gently pushed me back onto the back of the car seat, and before I could process how he did it, buckled me back in. Fuck. He then smiled down at me, he rubbed my belly before placing a kiss on my forehead, and with endearing proud eyes he said, "good job little bro." I blushed and turned away uncomfortable and embarrassed. I wiped the kiss from my head and felt Sam's hand leave my stomach. I assume he went back to playing games on his phone or something to my gratitude. I then began to stare out the window curious as to where they were taking me this time. A passing thought went through my head that maybe we were going back to the doctor and that made me tremble. I quickly pushed that thought away, there was no way, last time it didn't take as long to get there. A more reassuring thought was that maybe their craziness upped the anti and they took me somewhere public with lots of people. I could finally scream for help and get away from the family of crazed psychos. Finally, the curiosity finally got to me and I asked where we were
going, to no one in particular. Autumn was the first one to answer. She had a huge and exciting smile on her face as she turned around and told me it was a surprise. I just sighed and rolled my eyes looking back out the window again. Right now I felt like having a cigarette. I began biting my nails a bit nervous and irritated. Then out of nowhere without anyone asking, Sam placed a mitten on each of my hands. I looked at him in confusion but he didn't even glance at me, just got back on his phone and continued what he was doing. I huffed and tried to get the mittens off to no avail. I gave up after a few minutes and continued to look out the window defeated.