chapter twenty-five

Emmitt

....

David held me close as he headed in the direction of the stairs. Going up them he opened a door and the next thing I know I'm pulled away from him and am laid on a  soft mat. I didn't have it in me to fight the man as he began taking my clothes off. I did wiggle a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed but I stayed quiet, I didn't want any more issues today, I just wanted the day to be over with already so I could just sleep. Today has already been awful enough, first I woke up in an unknown place just to find out I'm going in an unknown direction which was a so-called 'surprise' as Autumn called this, second, I actually shit myself in a diaper and was changed in front of these crazy kidnappers plus even more crazies, lastly, I couldn't stop crying like a fucking baby since the incident, I've been clinging to David nonstop and I hate to admit that even now I wanted to be held, it just brings me a sense of comfort I can't explain and today has been the most stressful since I've been here. I tried to focus on something else in the bedroom to distract myself from the situation. I flinched when I felt the cold wipe and when David picked me up without anything to cover myself with. My body stiffened and I cringed, suddenly I wanted to be put down again. He held me with one hand and began walking out the door.

I didn't know what to do, I wasn't in a position to cover myself without fear of falling from David's hold. I just sat there trying to be invisible. My face was burning and I tried to focus on everything but my embarrassing predicament. He walked to the edge of the stairs before loudly calling Robert to come, resulting in me flinching. I felt a mix of anxiety and fear pooling in the pit of my stomach, I've had enough of the freaking doctor. I heard his footsteps before I saw him, he smiled as he jogged up the stairs in my direction. I unconsciously leaned against David as he got closer, 'David isn't gonna hand me over to him is he?' To my relief, he doesn't but instead asks him a question, "I set Emmitt's bath stuff on the changing mat, could you do me a favor and bring it into the bathroom while I start his bath." Robert smiled replying, "Sure thing lil bro." He headed in the direction of the room we'd just left and David headed for another room, opening the door and revealing a decently big bathroom. I just blankly watched as David ran water into the tub checking the temperature before cieling the water in. As the water began filling the tub David hoisted himself up and opened a door in the far corner of the bathroom. He bent down and pulled out something a bit confusing. It looked like something you lay in but angled a bit up and made of plastic. I really had no idea what David needed it for and I got a bit anxious causing me to wiggle a failed attempt to loosen his hold a bit. His hold held strong and I looked away from the foreign contraption and instead at the running water slowly filling the bath.

Another unpleasant distraction, unfortunately, welcomed himself into the bathroom with an armful of different bottles, I looked away both embarrassed and annoyed. "David, where do you want me to set these?" David pointed towards the tub and Robert quickly began setting the bottles on the edge of the tub. This all was a bit too much, I just wanted to dissociate from everything. I just started at David's actions as he began putting bubbles into the tub. The tub wasn't fully filled but as he as he lay me into the warm water and into the weird chair thing in the bath I noticed the water was just below my head. When he began lathering the rag I with soap I felt I snapped out of a daze and began squirming a bit. This was fucking weird. I didn't want a bath. Although I squirmed and wiggled trying my best to get away from David's touch, David didn't seem the least bit bothered. He just patiently held me in place a scrubbed the soap all over me. It was definitely uncomfortable when he scrubbed my private areas but it felt more bearable than when Autumn washed me. David washed me with quick efficiency and when he finally pulled me out of the tub and into a towel I felt my body relax. David must have grabbed my toothbrush from home, well his home, because it had the same little ducks on it. He brushed my teeth and carried me into a big bedroom. He turned the light on and I looked around the room. I could immediately tell it was the guest room. There weren't many decorations and I could see David's and Autumn's luggage tucked in the nook of the dresser and wall.
The bed was pretty big but besides the bed, nothing in particular stood out about the room, it was just plain and tidy.

David pulled me away from him and onto the bed onto my back. He placed two pillows on both sides of me before walking in the direction of the luggage. He bent down and unzipped a blue duffle bag covered in little bears that resembled the one from that cartoon he turned on for me a while ago. I definitely knew that there had to be my stuff in there, immediately confirmed after David pulled out a diaper, baby powder, and some wipes. He also pulled out some clothes before zipping the bag back up and walking towards me. He began talking to me about the toys my "Uncle" had gotten for me. I tuned him out as I stared blankly at the ceiling trying to also ignore the feeling of another diaper being placed on me. I quietly stared at the ceiling and as I did I felt all the stress of the day pour down onto my eyelids and suddenly the felt heavy. I welcomed the feeling ready for this day to be over. But of course, David couldn't let things be so easy. He picked me up and maneuvered me into another babish outfit, very brivetly yellow and covered in darker yellow ducks scattered all over. There were no pants though and instead, David just buttoned the bottom part under the diaper and picked me up. My eyes still felt heavy and I tried to stay awake in fear of falling while David carried me but I could feel myself nodding off over and over again. After a few scares, I resigned myself to just resting my head on David's shoulder. I didn't even notice where he was going till I felt myself being bounced awake in his arms again in the guestroom as David sat on the bed in completely different clothes. His hair looked damp and he smelled of soap, seconds later his wife came into the room in a similar fashion. She was still drying her long hair with a towel though. Both our eyes met and she smiled as her eyes lit up. She walked towards where me and David were, bent down, and while softly brushing her fingers through my hair planted three kisses on me. One on my forehead, another on my cheek, and the last on my lips. I didn't even have the energy to try to get away from the crazy lady or struggle, I just felt embarrassed as my face heated up and I felt out of it, badly wanting to go to sleep. 

She gave David a kiss next before throwing her towel near her luggage and walking behind us. The bed dipped and I assume she was ready to go to sleep herself. David then got up and walked to the head of the bed cradling me in his arms. He lay next to his wife and me in the middle of them both. I absolutely couldn't stand that I had to sleep in the bed with them again. What about Sam? He didn't have to sleep here, he got to sleep by himself. It just doesn't feel fair. David propped me up on some pillows as Autumn lay down under the cover and watched, a tired smile on her face. David also laid the same cover over us. He lay down too and I was confused as to why I was the only one propped up on pillows until I watched David grab a bottle from the nightstand next to his bed. I felt irritated, why'd he wake me for a stupid bottle? I just wanted to get this day over with and now he's extending this shitty day. As David brought the teet to my lips I turned away dreading the terrible taste. But after he kept prodding me to open up a few times I gave in too tired to fight him, I could feel my eyes forcing me to sleep and I didn't want David making me wake again just for this stupid bottle, might as well get it over with. I finally opened my mouth and drank it as Autumn gently brushed her fingers against my head and cheek. 

I don't know if I finished the bottle or not because my body relaxed and my brain shut down before I could register.