chapter nine

Emmett

....

My head hurt like hell, but that's nothing compared to what I looked like and the lack of movement I could make at the moment. This felt even worse than not being able to control my limbs, at least then I could make a limited amount of movements. Right now I was bundled in some kind of fabric, and things were getting very boring as I could only continuously stare at the ceiling. I was waiting for someone to come and get me, but the more I waited, the more memories of earlier at the hospital seemed to pop up. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed just knowing that I acted like that, I was actually like some kind of baby, crying out like that in front of so many people. Their whole family is a bunch of crazy lunatics but that thought didn't make me feel any better. I didn't so much want anyone to come and get me anymore, although I feel stiff and really wanted to get out of this sheet, I felt too embarrassed to face anyone right now. 

I noticed it was now dark out, and I couldn't predict how long I had been sleeping because It was light out last time I was up. I felt a pang in my stomach, and I knew I hadn't eaten since breakfast, and all I had was an apple for breakfast, but even if I'm hungry I refused to call those crazy people in here. Mater of fact the more I thought about them, the angrier I got. They tore me away from my life, they're treating me like I'm some stupid infant, and to top things off, they even brought me to a hospital to get some unnecessary vaccinations. I shivered at the thought, and I could still feel the pain in both my thighs and my arm. I didn't want to think about that place anymore, but every time I tried to move I could feel the sting of the shots. The memory is so humiliating, that crazy doctor had the nerve to take my temperature in such a location, he was probably just as crazy as that man and the lady outside the room, but something about another person seeing me in those baby clothes and a diaper even though they're crazy made me feel super embarrassed, he even took it off, I bet he saw my privates too. Just how many people where these people gonna show my privates to before they're satisfied, the embarrassment really doesn't get any easier.

I think I heard the doctor say that man's name, the one who supposedly calls himself my "daddy", just what was it?... I thought for a while, I couldn't really pay attention to what the guy was saying because I was so focused on him not stabbing me to death, after a while though, it finally came to me, it was DAVID! That's what his name was! I finally had a name to call him that didn't make me shiver every time I said it, well not in the same way anyway.  I lay there as long as I could trying not to think about it, but it was practically impossible with the constant pressure I felt on my stomach, I had to pee. Honestly, I can't begin to understand how this happened when I hadn't eaten or drank anything the whole day. I started to squirm, trying to get out of this tightly bundled cloth wrapped around me. I needed to hurry and get up, I needed to try and get to the bathroom as soon as possible. My body isn't quite functioning properly so first I needed to get out of this cloth thingy wrapped around me.

I struggled to move trying to bend myself, but this thing was literally impossible, and I became really fearful because as more time passed I could feel my bladder worsen. I stopped struggling because it just made things worse. I lay still, squeezing my thighs as best I could. I really didn't want to see those crazy people for the rest of the night but I was at the end of my rope. I couldn't hold my bladder anymore, and I only had a few seconds before I couldn't hold it anymore. I squeezed my eyes closed and breathed, I finally called out desperately to the only name I could knew so far,

"David"

There was no answer, and I realized I was mumbling. I felt a wave of annoyance at myself before I called out his name louder this time,

"David!"

My bladder was definitely giving out, I called his name louder with urgency and my voice quivered,