chapter eight

Emmett

....

My heart stopped as soon as the word vaccinations came out of his mouth. Those things were the very reason I made my parents stop taking me to the hospital. After what the doctor guy said, I knew that I needed to get out of here, Right Now! All thoughts of earlier's spanking is nothing compared to this, I let all thoughts of it disappear and started struggling for my life. The man had to have been caught off guard as I slipped off of his lap in a panic. I only got to stand for a second before my legs gave out and I fell to the floor. I heard the worried calls of my name and before I could start an attempted crawl to the door a pair of hands wrapped around my waist picking me up. I struggled for my life, screaming and hollering for them to let me go. I was held onto a lap firmly and when I looked up it was the doctor again, but this time much closer. I immediately froze, I was terrified, he was going to stick a needle in me now, wasn't he. I was too scared to move, but my body instinctively began to shake and I heard myself let out a little winey sound. The doctor smiled at me, and the only thing I felt from that smile was an underlying agenda. I think the fact that the doctor touched me finally broke me, I couldn't do it anymore, I let out another winey noise and the tears ran down my face. I quickly looked away, my eyes traveling between the doctor and the door. I didn't want to look away from the doctor but I also desperately wanted to leave.

I wiped at the tears as best I could. I wanted to get up but my body wouldn't budge, maybe I was too scared, so I just sat there crying like the baby they wanted me to be, and I really hated myself for it. I felt the doctor hush me before rubbing my back and holding me to his chest. He then suddenly stood, causing my head to hit his chest and I watched as he handed me back over to the man who called himself my... "daddy" and honestly, I hate to admit it, but I felt a huge amount of relief that the doctor was no longer touching me. My hands quickly latched onto his clothes, and once again I put my face into the man's chest. He started rubbing my back again. This time he spoke to his brother, 

"Could we not talk about vaccinations in front of him, It's freaking the little guy out. We didn't know he'd be this frightened of the hospital."

The doctor spoke next,

"I know, I know. Lots of little kids cry and freak out coming here, and it makes me feel like a bad guy every time. I hope my precious nephew doesn't come to hate me too."

He sighed. Before I heard the doctor get up and I heard him leave the room, closing the door behind him. Now, this was my chance to try and convince these people not to let this happen so we can leave. I thought over what I needed to say, and I just know my face was red and my eyes were puffy but I looked up anyway and pulled on that man's shirt to get his attention. He looked down at me and I spoke though my voice was shaky from crying,

"I don't need any shots, trust me I'm healthy, see I'm not sick."

The man looked at me with sympathy and chuckled a little before wiping my face of tears,

"We're not doing this to hurt you or make you sad, I know you're healthy now, but you can never know what happens in the future, and if anything, were to happen, because daddy didn't give you the shots you needed he'd be really really sad. Baby, I know that you're scared but It'll be over really quickly, and when we get home you can have allll the icecream you want. Just try to be good for your uncle, ok?"

I glared at him and put my head back against his chest. Nothing I said was gonna get through to these crazy people. I heard the door open again and I grabbed on tighter to the man's shirt. There was talk between the two brothers, but I completely tuned it out, focusing on ways to get out of this situation. My thinking came to a halt though when I felt a pair of hands grab under my arms and they started pulling me. I felt helpless as my grip on the shirt so easily came loose. More tears threatened to fall and I was going to attempt to make another run for it but the doctor must have anticipated it because he held onto me firmly.