chapter twelve

Emmett

....

I can't believe I fell asleep so easily in this situation that I'm in. I woke to both my kidnappers beside me, they seemed to be sleeping so peacefully after everything they made me go through, and looking at them sleeping so soundly just pissed me off. The blanket they tightly bundled around me yesterday seemed to have come loose, but I knew that moving would wake them up. I can't go far with my body the way it is, but I'm tempted to try. I've been awake for a while now and have just been looking at the ceiling, but now I've got to pee and I don't think I can hold it in much longer.

I'm positive that if I wake these people up they're going to try and make me use this diaper, and I really don't want that. But the longer I'd tried to hold my bladder the more I started to panic, at this point I've just been trying to take calming breathes. I stayed like that until I couldn't anymore, my bladder was on the brink of letting lose, I decided to take my chances and attempt a trip to the bathroom. I breathed then using all the strength I could muster I pulled myself up as carefully and quietly as I could. My heart almost burst when I saw the man turn over to face my way, thankfully he was still sleeping. I then carefully pulled my legs under me, which was honestly the hardest part and took the longest. My bladder almost burst, and I had to be careful not to lean on or fall on either of my kidnappers on both sides of me. I quietly and quickly crawled to the edge of the bed and was very careful as I put each foot down. My legs almost buckled under me, but I held on to the bed, grabbing the sheets to keep balance. I hurriedly put one knee on the carpet, instead of walking I found it easier to keep balance crawling, although a limb would spasm from time to time and my head felt so heavy and hard to hold up. I began to quickly crawl into the hallway, I was just thankful the room door was cracked, it would have been difficult trying to stand and open the door at the same time.

As soon as I made it into the hallway, I felt like my heart was going to explode. It's been the first time since I've arrived here that I've had so much freedom. Everyone seemed to still be asleep in the house, maybe after using the bathroom I could look around the house for a phone or a coat so I could escape. I'd prefer a phone though because even if I managed to find a coat, I'm still very far from the town and I wouldn't be able to drive the car with my body like this. I use to steal cars when I was in middle school with my friends, so I know how to hotwire a car, but my body would guarantee an accident, and if I tried crawling to town, most likely, I'll freeze to death before I could get reach the town or one of these crazy family members would find me before I get far. I sighed at the difficulty I was faced with, I decided to think about this later, I just need to focus on finding a bathroom before I pissed myself. 

I crawled until I spotted a door cracked open on my left, it was dark inside and I just hoped that there wasn't anyone inside. I was just about to quietly peek my head inside when I heard a voice that made me jump. I think I peed myself a little and I tried to hold the rest in but once that little bit came out the rest quickly followed. I felt like crying, but unlike yesterday's big humiliation after another and me crying like a baby all day, I was determined not to cry anymore. As soon as I heard the voice though I knew that all my hopes of finding a phone were in vain. I looked up to see who it was, and of course, it was that kid from last night, what was his name...um.. Sam. 

He looked at me like I was the cutest thing in the would with a bit of confusion. I guess he was heading to the bathroom himself. Even though I knew he might brush me off like his parents, I still took a chance and asked,

"um..."

At the sound of my voice his ears perked up and he stepped closer to me bending down in front of me. He had a smile on his face and a look that was encouraging me to talk,

"Um.. could I use the bathroom before you.. ya know...go.."

My voice started to trail off towards the end, and I don't even know what this sudden shyness was coming from. I'm never shy, maybe I'm still embarrassed about last night. After I spoke, as expected, Sam just laughed and cooed at me. 

"Emmett, you're too little to use the big potty, if you have to use the bathroom you can just go, you don't have to hold it, that's not good for your little tummy."

Sam began rubbing my back mid-sentence and I just about had enough of him, I'm definitely older than him and even he was treating me like I was a baby. I lifted one of my arms to swipe his hand off my back,

"Get your fuc-"

I tried to swipe his hand off of me as I spoke, but in doing so I accidentally lost balance and fell. My chin hit the carpet first. It didn't hurt that badly but I could hear a big gasp in the direction Sam was bending down, then I quickly felt his hands grab below my arms and with a bit of a huff he quickly lifted me up and against the wall. He started to ramble as he put his hand on my face lifting my head slightly up inspecting my chin. 

"Emmitt, you have to be careful, you shouldn't even be up crawling while everyone's asleep. I wish I could just pick you up and comfort you like dad can, but my muscle strength isn't quite there yet. I'm gonna work out every day though so that I can, and you can rely on me more, I am your big brother after all."

 I kinda just started to ignore him mid ramble, I didn't make it to the bathroom and I just knew that the jig was up. I blankly stared at him observing his features, I couldn't really see him last night because it was so dark. Right now though, he had bed hair, and I also noticed that he had chestnut-colored hair resembling his mom's although unlike her, he didn't have freckles. He did have her almond-colored eyes though. His face, though, definitely resembled his dad's.  I wasn't really listening to the kid, but the last bit of his rambling caught my attention.

"Oh goodness, let me go wake Dad up."

Before I could even protest he was gone. I sighed closing my eyes, today was going to be another long day. I could hear Sam's footsteps as he walked up to the bed calling for his dad to wake up. After the man David questioned Sam, I could hear Sam say the word "Baby" before I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. I looked up as I heard the footsteps come closer, and standing in the doorway was David, his bed head mirroring Sam's. He looked down at me with a huge smile on his face and that same disgusting look in his eyes that he gave me yesterday. I didn't want David to find out I pissed myself again, If he found out he'd try to change me again. I really didn't want to feel that bitter humiliation like last night again, especially so early in the morning. I tried to keep my features neutral when he picked me up, but as soon as he picked me up and held me to his chest, Sam just had to open his big mouth.

"Emmett tried to use the toilet earlier, you should have seen him, it was so cute."

The man holding me chuckled and I hid my face in the nook between the man's shoulder and neck, slightly embarrassed. I shouldn't have, it's only common sense to use the toilet at my age, but them laughing at me for doing it kind of made me feel foolish. Sam continued to speak,

"I think he might have to use his diaper if he already hasn't. " 

My body stiffened as soon as he finished his sentence. David grabbed my head, and supporting my neck, and back with his other hand, he pulled me from his chest and looked at the diaper I had on.

"Sam, you are already becoming such a wonderful big brother. I'm surprised he didn't try to go into my and your mom's bathroom first, but yeah, he definitely needs a diaper change. I'll go change him in his room before I go whip us up some breakfast downstairs."

I sighed, of course, I didn't check their room for a bathroom, I felt like such an idiot. He laid me back on his chest, but before he could take a step in the direction of the room, in a fit of panic, I quickly bit down as hard as I could onto the man's shoulder.