XI

Jezzabelle Jackson

"Happy birthday!" Liam shouts, almost blowing my ear drum out.

Glaring up at the orange haired shirtless male in front of me, I try to calm myself before I end up stabbing his annoying ass for waking me up before the sun was up.

"Look! I got your favorite! It may not be the biggest cake in the world but it was the cake with the most chocolate that I've found. Not even Matilda's lunch lady's cake can beat how much chocolate is in this one!" He cheers excitedly jumping on bed, shaking it with his large size.

Thinking of how many ways I could murder the giant man child on my bed, the burner phone beside my bed made me get up quickly. Hearing it buzzing as well, Liam's happy expression turned serious in an instant.

"What?" I groan into the phone after noticing it was just Lorenzo's current number.

"Happy birthday grumpy pants" He chuckles into the phone as I winced at the loud gunshots on his end of the call.

"Why are you calling me during a shoot out?" I ask while rubbing my tired eyes.

"I wanted to say happy birthday to you before anyone else and your gonna focus on where I'm at instead?"

He snorts before trying to muffle the phone so I couldn't hear the loud gun shot and explosion noises at the background of his phone.

"Speaking of the saying happy birthday before anyone else, you were a few minutes late on that" I answer with a loud yawn.

"I knew that fucking ginger was gonna do some stupid shit like that. Luckily for me, my gift for you will be worth more than anything he'll ever give you" He retorts.

Confused at his statement, a knock at the hotel room door I was currently staying in with Liam, made me get up sleepily to open it. Seeing as Liam's normal excited self was to busy stuffing his face with the large chocolate cake he supposedly got for me.

"Happy birthday little cousin" Lorenzo speaks out into the phone before hanging up after another explosion noise was heard in the background.

My eyes widened at the box in front of my hotel room sitting in the hallway by itself. Damn. Did the person dropping off this package have speed walking powers or something?

Picking up the box cautiously while rolling my eyes at Lorenzo's hideous hand writing on top of it, I shut the door and quickly went to see what was inside.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Lorenzo may be my cousin but he's never gotten me a birthday present before. It's not like I expected one from him for the past 18 years of my life before now, but I barely knew him before all this assassin stuff came up. I knew of his existence because I've spotted him and his dad sometimes in the pictures in my fathers photo albums. But I've never knew him on a personal level until now.

"What's that?" Liam ask walking up to me while licking his chocolate fingers.

I don't know what type of stupid joke Lorenzo was trying to put on me. But I never expected him to give this type of stuff to me as a birthday. Especially when it involved the three men from my past I was trying so hard to forget about.

Inside the box that Lorenzo had gifted me with, was large piles of pictures with dates and locations of where all 3 Petrov brothers have been over the past year after I suddenly disappeared.

Was I curious about how they've been doing these past 12 months? Maybe. Did I think about what could've happened between the four of us if I hadn't been taken away and put into this relationship free lifestyle? Maybe. Was I gonna be stuck on them forever like every sad broken hearted girl in those sad hallmark movies? Fuck no!