3

"Mom I'm home!" I shouted as soon as I walked in the house and almost fell when my little sister decided to throw herself on me. She is such a sweetheart. Note the sarcasm.

"Hey you big idiot, did you get me my chips" Alea dragged me around with my backpack to the sofa and I just let myself get dragged. One thing in this house is that you let her do whatever she wants with you because she bites.

"No your highness Alea. This poor servant forgot her royal highness' chips. Beg her royal highness to forgive this big idiot" I said in a fake posh accent while bowing down.

Alea giggled with her bunny teeth out, she really is an adorable child. Will I ever be able to have a child? I'm sure my mate would run for the hills if he ever saw me. Heck I would.

"Oh Jaewoo sweetheart, when did you get here?" Mom asked while walking in the living room carrying a basket filled with clean clothes. I bet half of that laundry was dad's since that man loved fixing cars and would always get oil on him.

"Brother just arrived now, Mom. I'm hungry, is there anything to eat." Alea ran to mom and held on to her legs. I better run away now because knowing Lea, she might turn to annoy me if mom shoos her away.

I walked in my room, plopping face down on my bed. I was so tired today because dad had asked me to assist him in the pack's paperwork while he went on a meeting with another pack alpha nearby.

I don't even want to be the pack alpha but because I'm the male alpha in the family, I have to. My elder sister had always wanted to be the pack leader but because the Elders' thinking was conservative, they didn't agree in being led by a woman. Hence the role fell on me.

"Hey buddy, mom's calling you down for dinner. Are you okay?" I turned to look at Ria, my elder sister. She was looking at me with concerned eyes that I found it difficult to withhold the tears.

"Sis, will I ever have a mate or am I going to be alone forever." Ria quickly closed the door and pulled me in a tight hug. The tears just kept falling and she just kept shushing and consoling me throughout the whole thing.

"Jaewoo darling you know that's not true. You remember how long it took me to be able to meet Stacy right. A whole 9 years. So not matter how long it'll take, you'll meet your mate and they'll love you so much that you'll never remember these days. Okay?"

I nodded at her words and she smiled and wiped my tears before dropping a kiss on my forehead then she left the room.

We never talked much about Stacy because we knew how much Ria had went through when her mate passed away due to brain cancer only 4 years after they mated. We know that she hasn't healed from that.

"Good evening family!" I heard dad's voice followed with giggling from Alea and Dojin. I went to the bathroom and rinsed my face before going down to eat.

"Jaewoo tomorrow you and I are going to the neighbouring pack to show support and show our unity with them after the tragedy that befall on them." I looked at mom with a dejected face and she only shrugged with a sympathetic look on his face. I really didn't want to go.

"근데 아버지" I tried to fight.

"제우 제발!"

"예 알겠습니다" I hate this.

*But Dad

*Jaewoo please

*Yes I understand

(I'm not a Korean speaker so if I made a mistake please correct me. I'm not trying to offend anyone I just love the language)