4

It was midnight and I really didn't feel like sleeping so I came outside. I couldn't help but feel like something was going to happen today. Whether it was good or bad, time will tell.

I took a stroll down the forest, trying to clear my head from the pack nonsense and all about taking over. It's times like these when I wish I was born as an omega. Then I wouldn't have to worry about pack responsibilities nor worry about my secret.

I walked down the familiar path and my guilty pleasure came in view. I had a little cottage in the depths of the forest where no one could find. I stumbled upon it 2 years ago when I was having my episodes. Since then, whenever I feel down I just come here.

"How are you doing Deborah?" I asked as I walked inside. Deborah was my puppy and she was only 2 years. She was a golden retriever so it was nice being around a bundle of energy but it can be tiring. Very tiring.

She came running with her little legs and jumped on me. I reached down and took her in my arms and walked inside my the house. A scarf that I had left unfinished was lying on the table with the wool.

"Do you think they'd like this if I gave it to them, huh Deborah?" I was making a scarf for my mate because of what Ria had said to me. I was hoping for a chance or anything. I just wanted a mate.

"Woof"

"Yeah I also think they'll like it"

After that, Deborah and I sat in silence, her in my lap while I was finishing the scarf. We spent our morning that way until father called me, asking where I was and that we should be leaving. All the good mood I had accumulated immediately drained after that.

I packed up the scarf and gave Deborah some food before leaving. This place only Aria and I knew about it so I knew she would take care of Deb.

I walked down the forest once more, this time appreciating the scenery and greenery around me. I just want a quiet life with my mate, no pack business, just us.

"Where have you been?!" Mom asked while shouting. I really wasn't in the mood to be around anyone right now.

"I was out"

"Just wear your clothes and get ready. Your father has been waiting for you." I nodded and went to my room. Ria came out with a concerned look and I gave her what I hope was a reassuring smile before entering the room.

"I'm so tired" I took a short shower and wore my clothes before leaving the room. Dad was already waiting for me in the lounge. When he noticed me, he nodded before going to the car. I gave mom a short hug before following after dad.